Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any sr20det nuts out there?
StrikerChris

posted on 19/2/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Any sr20det nuts out there?

Like most people on here i cant seem to shake off the need to get faster!currently running fairly stock engine on standard injectors but,my intercoolers a fair bit larger than standard,and a walbro pump and colder plugs.toying with the idea of winding the boost up afew psi which i can do fairly safely(currently 7psi)and maybe a remap,but i dont want to loose the low down drivability.anyone had any experiences?the sx owners club seem more interested in the noise their cars make than actual performance,was hoping i'd get abit more sense from you guys!
Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 19/2/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
i used to have an S14a 200sx with the following:

Large Frontmount intercooler with pipework
Tubular Manifold
3" through exhaust removing both cats
Cone filter in a housing
Boost increased to 15Psi using Apexi Avcr
Fueling mapped with Apexi Safc2

it was RR'd at 300bhp. The car was great low down. just put your foot down even in a high gear, the boost would take a second to spool up, and then whoosh you be away.

At MOT time id fit the main cat back on, and there was quite a noticeable difference in pickup with the cat fitted back on. it was definately held back

Horizenjob

posted on 19/2/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
There's a fellow, "JR", who runs one of these. You can contact him thru the locostusa site.

He runs a traction control system of some type to help make it manageable... I think he runs quite a bit of boost.

StrikerChris

posted on 19/2/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
thats my bonus spent then!as long as long as i can still sneak through the village on tickover in 5th it can only be good!(and the cat fell off about the same time as the rest of the sva stuff did on the trailer back from the test )

[Edited on 19/2/10 by StrikerChris]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcjagman

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
What a coincidence the SVA stuff falling off AFTER the test.
plantman

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Oooo that's funny for some reason i believe my cat will fall off just after the Iva haha

try www.torque.org.uk/

RK

posted on 20/2/10 at 02:04 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt has launch control if you want.
FlansS14

posted on 22/2/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm running a sr20det in mine, 3" free flow exhaust, uprated fuel pump, big chargecooler with rad in the boot, hks filter, no dumpvalve and a Horsham stage one chip with 15psi. It's pretty quick (12.7 quarter with lots of spin) circa 260-270bhp

I'd recomend the Horsham chips to anyone! There Is a stage 1a (280-290) I might get. But I'm tempted to go stage 2a with a manifold and 550cc injectors. Jez is a top bloke, and if u don't like off the shelf chips he can custom map!!

First thing I need is a better boost controler!

Why didn't i just make it simple!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.