Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike test info needed please.
CraigJ

posted on 4/3/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Bike test info needed please.

Right i did my bike theory test in 2008 and it runs out this year on july 22. I want to get my test done but i just cant afford to do a DAS course as money is tight at the moment. What are my options to get my test done?

Do some places offer monthly payment options on DAS course's?

If i just do the test on a 125 am i stuck with only been able to use a 125 (33bhp) for 2 years etc. Im 26 btw.

Thanks.

Steve G

posted on 4/3/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
What are my options to get my test done?

Sell your kit car........... i just happen to have £500 cash here!!!

mads

posted on 4/3/10 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
see what your local motorbike places have to offer. you could just re-do your CBT and then when you have enough £££ later on, do the rest of the DAS.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

CraigJ

posted on 4/3/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Steve G:

Thinking of selling. will want about £2500-3000 for it though.

Mads:

I wont have that kinda money before july.

Miks15

posted on 4/3/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes if you do a restricted access then you will be stuck on 33bhp for 2 years, unlessyou take and accelarated acess test.

Do you have much biking experience?

My local place do it a number of days depending on previous ability. So i only did 2days learning follwed by the test. A fair but cheaper than a full weeks learning

I did restricted as i was only 17 at the time.

Steve G

posted on 4/3/10 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
Steve G:

Thinking of selling. will want about £2500-3000 for it though.

Mads:

I wont have that kinda money before july.

haha sorry Craig i was just pulling your leg on that one with the silly figure. I'll be building from scratch later this year myself once i've saved some more beer tokens

robocog

posted on 4/3/10 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
I have my module 1 next Thursday having passed my theory test last month
I debated and debated DAS or going alone and doing the 2 year 33hp restricted license

I decided its possibly much easier/cheaper/less stressful for me to take the test on the CG125 I am now pretty used to and live with a 2 year restriction
TBH the fuel saving from riding the CG will hopefully have almost paid for my license assuming I get it passed first or second time round

Not gone for any instruction/tuition and am hoping I can get both modules done without too much drama or requiring to hire the local school

Mod 1 £15
Mod 2 £75

Hoping I'm going the right direction and don't fail too many times otherwise I will kick myself I didn't just stump up the dosh for a DAS course with test at the end, which seemed to be in the £500 region when I made enquiries

I believe there is nothing stopping you from getting a bigger bike and DIY restricting it as long as its under 33 hp IF you ever get a pull and they decide to take your bike to a dyno to check...but I guess this would only occur if you rode like a cock and gave them reason to believe you could well be riding in contravention to your licenses conditions
(eg attracting attention to yourself -doing 100+/pulling wheelies/microscopic plates and baffle less exhaust wearing nothing but a thong and blacked out helmet visor etc)
If ridden sensibly I guess you would have to be pretty unfortunate to have bike brought in for a dyno check

The bike I own and want to eventually ride only had 34 HP back in 1976 if the wild claims Honda made were correct so not particularly fussed about a 2 year restriction anyway personally so going to try and get it done on the cheap
I'm sure it will feel like a ballistic missile compared to the CG's measly 10hp or so

Regards
Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.