Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IM GOING MAD!!!
ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
IM GOING MAD!!!

Thats it im finally gonna go nutts. Car passed iva last wed, but i have to wait for the stupid dvla inspection next week. Really dont see the point of it. vosa check the vin and donor parts at iva cant they share information in this day and age. all i want to do is drive the thing and i cant because of numpties that seem to struggle processing the simplest piece of paperwork in the world.

then to top off the frustration about not being able to take the car out for a blast my dick of a neighbour come round for a row today over the dog getting through his broken fence (if he doesnt want the dog getting in to his garden he should fix HIS FENCE i have asked him several times) this row then progressed onto the noise of my car!! what hacks me off is that last week vosa iva'd my car and it met noise and emissions limits 92dbA at 4000rpm!!! which is well under 99dbA. it was about 66dbA at idle!! row ended with him stating that he is going to throw bricks at the dog if it gets in his garden again. i really don't know how i resisted punching him.

sorry guys had to vent.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

karlak

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Patch the fence from your side, but paint the side that points his way Dayglo PINK.

Also, arent you meant to do a 8am 6,000 rpm test on a Sunday after your IVA Test? Thought it was part of the rules

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

MikeR

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
point out if he throws anything at your dog you will report him to the police and the RSPCA. I'm sure its got to be illegal to harm a dog under the animal welfare laws (although i've not checked and i'm not a lawyer).

Although doing the above will incite him to further anger - perhaps the best way is to go round in a day or two and apologise that things got pretty heated. Double check your deeds and if you're right the fence is his responsibility remind him of this - but a fence doesn't have to keep an animal out. Offer to staple up some wire / plastic mesh to stop the dog getting through. It will look crap but it keeps up your side of things - if he wants better he's got to pay for it.

(its just occurred to me that he may be able to prosecute you for not keeping your pet under control)

good luck sorting it out - i know the g/f and i would go mad if anyone did anything to our mutt.

ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
pointless hes out with the born again god squad by then. don't get me started on that one, hypocrite comes to mind.

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

craig1410

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
My advice is to do whatever you can to square things up with your neighbour as these things tend to get out of hand quickly if you don't. Next thing you will have the police at your door or he will start some tit for tat nonsense which will just stress you both out.

Offer to help him fix the fence - maybe he buys the materials and you'll help him put it right. If it's a boundary fence then usually the responsibility is shared anyway. You probably have an obligation to keep your dog under control too so he shouldn't need a fence to keep your dog out. Have you heard of the nonsense the government are talking about having compulsory dog insurance? The authorities would probably side with him in this case.

Sorry to sound like a boringly rational person but the truth is that I'm not and I've learned from experience to try to live and let live when it comes to neighbours. It's worth it to avoid the stress of constant conflict.

Good luck,
Craig.

graememk

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
i vote you have a BBQ next sunday and we'll all come over in our kit cars, i'll even bring my dog...

ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
i have checked my deeds, the boundary fence is his to maintain. its virtually falling down that's the problem. looking on my deeds it does state that there is a by-law that boundary fences must be kept in good condition. i don't really want to do anything to wind the situation up further.

i think i will go and have a chat with the bloke over the road tomorrow. he is the local bobbie and vice chairman of the neighbourhood watch.

whats more annoying is that i try to be a considerate neighbour and stop making noise after dark etc etc but this guy moans at 3pm in the afternoon at the slightest hint of the car starting up or the grinder going on even in the workshop with the doors closed.

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i vote you have a BBQ next sunday and we'll all come over in our kit cars, i'll even bring my dog...

funny you should say that graeme as my other half said why dont you invite all of LCB round for a free bbq on condition that they come in their kit cars.

if i cant resolve it peacefully i will do it.

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

prawnabie

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ask him how on earth did god create everything without an angle grinder?
Cousin Cleotis

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Surely its your responsibility to keep your dog off other peoples property? The boundary fence is issue that you need to address with him because of its condition, not because you have no control over your dog.

If i was in your position I think i would patch the fence to keep the dog out of his garden, which would be my responsibility, not because it was my responsibility to maintain it.

Paul

Ninehigh

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Noise laws are only in effect 8pm to (iirc) 7am, and if your car is within the noise limit invite him to inform the DVLA.

As for them being unable to share information I had a doozy in January. I found out (with 2 days to go) that I needed to send off my P60 for a tax return. Didn't have it so I had to send off for the details from the tax office. Then I had to give those details back to THE SAME OFFICE!

Peteff

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
It's your job to keep your dog in not his job to keep it out, sorry. Just leaning a pallet against the gap should do the job. Does he use a lawnmower or any other powered tools ? Ask him what the difference is and then hit him with a brick.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RK

posted on 13/3/10 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
it may very well be his responsibility to keep the fence up, but your peace of mind may be worth springing for a new fence. It would solve all your problems - except the car one. And even that passed IVA, so he can get stuffed with it, as it's within the law.
ashg

posted on 14/3/10 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
think there will be a new fence panel there before he gets home from church tomorrow. wont take the old one out will just screw a new one to it.

the dog is only a little jack russell, she is so little that she is very timid and usually scared of her own shadow. its the first time she has ventured through the fence, im surprised that she even plucked up the courage.

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

matt_gsxr

posted on 14/3/10 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Love thy neighbour (God)

Good fences make good neighbours (traditional proverb)

Who Let the Dogs out?? (Baha men)

Good luck (matt)

craig1410

posted on 14/3/10 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
We planted a Pyracantha (aka Firethorn) hedge a couple of years ago to provide a pretty and yet very effective barrier between ourselves and one of our neighbours. This year it is tall enough to start to become useful finally!

As you say, "Good fences make good neighbours"

morcus

posted on 14/3/10 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
As said its your job to keep your dog out of his garden, If he took the whole fence down it would still be your responsibility to keep the dog out.
My next door neighbour came round when he first moved in to ask when we were going to fix the fence (On his property) and then tried to get us to pay him to do it. My parents (I live in there old house) had to go through solicitors and such to prove it was his fence. When he first came round he claimed that the side it was would 'always' belong to our house and that if we didn't his dog would get into our garden, he soon blocked the hole when my father pointed out we could have the dog removed from our garden by the council (I don't know if thats true but he seemed to believe it.) We've got a terrier and he can't go out in the garden unsupervised because he will dig under the fence.

I'd swap with your neigbour and he can live next door to someone who starts using power tools almost every day before 8am and well past 9Pm alot of the time, with the added bonus that he's got a van and a truck longer than his house is wide yet still parks across his house partly over both his neigbours driveways and my parking space between the road and pavement (Its on the deed).

Sorry to rant but you not the only one. On the plus I am moving soon (Hopefully).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

fesycresy

posted on 14/3/10 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I know what I'd do.

Wait until he gets home from church, put a blanket over you with just a hole for your head and sacrifice a goat.

Or paint satanic symbols on the fence panel before you put it up?

Remember, he's religeous so there can be no reasoning with the man

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 14/3/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
BBQ at yours then before detling show !!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

dogwood

posted on 14/3/10 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg

That's the "Monster" !!!!!
Size and temprament of a Rottweiler
.....NOT.......

quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Remember, he's religeous so there can be no reasoning with the man

Ther's where your prob lies Ash....
He should think himself lucky he don't live next to me.......

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
row ended with him stating that he is going to throw bricks at the dog if it gets in his garden again. i really don't know how i resisted punching him.

I defo wouldn't have been that patient.
He would have had a knuckle sandwich before he finished the word "Bricks".

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

Tipster69

posted on 14/3/10 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk

PMSL - If there's a "reply of the week", thats got to be it.

MakeEverything

posted on 14/3/10 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Remind the twat that its his fence, and his responsiblitity to maintain. Also remind him that its not yours to touch, and that because hes a twat you fear he would try and sue you for damage if you try and repair HIS fence.

I would go and talk to him and ask him if he is going to repair his fence to solve the issue. Any other "Car" related conversation is skirting arond the issue. If he cuts up rough, go and see a solicitor and get them to send him a letter stating the deeds, bylaws etc. Generally, this will put the shits up most shitty neighbours.

As for the dog, just obstruct the hole to prevent him running through the fence for now. the last thing you want is a fine for the dog shitting in his garden however, it is illegal for him to injure an animal maliciously. Might pay to remind him of that also.

With the noise issue, i would have told him to "Rev up" because the car had recently passed the government standard for noise emissions, and that he was being a tosser. You are well within your rights to start your car, and as you say, as long as you are reasonable in that its not every day, its hardly noise pollution.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

scootz

posted on 14/3/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dogwood

That's the "Monster" !!!!!
Size and temprament of a Rottweiler
.....NOT.......

Oiii... Rottweilers can indeed be big, but their temperament (as a breed) is relatively placid!

I'll bet a pound to a penny that more folk have been bitten or snarled at by a Jack Russell than a Rottie! Just that no-one hears about it when a small dog loses it's temper because the end result is usually a little scratch. When a big dog's patience is tested it causes damage and that's why it hits the headlines!

Then factor in the nobs who are attracted to buy the breed (and others) because of their size (and media hysteria). They actively encourage aggression in their dogs, so further tarnish the breeds reputation.

Nothing wrong with Rottweilers... we have three (and had many before) and they are all (were) sweethearts!

Here's Poppy cleaning the sliding-doors...

It's Evolution Baby!

handyandy

posted on 14/3/10 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Great picture of the Rottie

Ash....

You have the patience of a saint, & HE is the religous one ???

As you know, I have 8 dogs & am aware of trying to maintain a happy relationship with neighbours etc,
BUT
its obvious that this guy is beyond any rational reasoning on any subject, I know how hard you are trying to keep everything "sweet" between you & your neighbour,
As he has now threatened your dog with harm/violence i would make a complaint to the police , just report it so that if anything " nasty" does occur between you & him the police will see you are the one who is being adult/responsible about the situation.
If he threatens anything further then go straight back to the police who WILL then act , maybe he just needs "a quiet word" from the boys/gals in blue.

I,m happy to come visit for the weekend & i,ll bring all my dogs

As for the noise from your car.....its obvious he,s totally jealous of what you have achieved.

If he,s that religous..... have an affair with his wife
as the saying goes "love thy neighbour"

hope it sorts out mate.
cheers
andy

Richard Quinn

posted on 14/3/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Noise laws are only in effect 8pm to (iirc) 7am, and if your car is within the noise limit invite him to inform the DVLA.

Not strictly true I'm afraid and this is why it really isn't worth falling out with your neighbours over it. Taken from elsewhere as it is far more nicely worded than I'd have put it:

"Noise Nuisance
Noise disturbance may be treated as a nuisance under tort law if it causes unlawful interference with a person’s use or enjoyment of their land, or of some right over, or in connection with such land. The legal remedies for noise nuisance under tort law are generally damages and, in some cases, injunctions - court orders requiring a noise nuisance to stop or to prevent it from continuing or recurring.

Apart from tort law, noise can also amount to a statutory nuisance. Statutory nuisances are deinfed and controlled by statute (in the case of England and Wales, generally Part 2 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990), and are normally controlledby local authorities. Individuals can also bring complaints about some statutory nuisances directly to their local Magistrates' Court. All local authorities are required to inspect their areas for statutory nuisances. For noise to constitute a statutory nuisance, it must be harmful to human health or constitute a nuisance. Nuisance is given the same meaning as that under common law.

How do local authorities decide if there is a statutory noise nuisance?
Noise level
Time and duration of noise
Nature and location
Importance and value of the activity causing the noise
What can be done?
Once the local authority is satisfied that a statutory noise nuisance has occurred, it can issue an abatement notice. An abatement notice may require that the noise be stopped altogether or limited to certain times of the day. It may also require the person who has caused or is responsible for the noise nuisance to take necessary steps to comply with the conditions prescribed in the notice. Breach of an abatementis a criminal offence.

Although the appropriate local authority is normally the appropriate authority to treat noise nuisance complaints, the police might also in practice be contacted, particularly if the noise disturbance could amount to a breach of peace or if it is accompanied by anti-social, threatening or violent behaviour."

As it is considered a nuisance, it is very subjective and there are no set limits or times. Quoting SVA/IVA won't wash and the LA PHO's are duty bound to investigate each and every noise complaint.

Personally, I would patch the fence so that Houdini the dog doesn't cause the noise issue to get out of hand. The last thing you need is an abatement notice stopping that source of noise at certain times of the day or even altogether!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.