Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wots a better engine
joni

posted on 31/3/10 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
wots a better engine

hi all could someone please tell me wot would be the best bike engine for a race car locost .We are stuck to a set of rules wot mean no engine can be over 929 cc so wot would be the best 919 929 blades or zx9r . Engines can have doyno jet kits and power comander on the 929 Engines standard in all other ways .thanks for the help

[Edited on 31/3/10 by joni]

[Edited on 31/3/10 by joni]

TimC

posted on 31/3/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
MK9R will hopefully be along soon... he's raced both ZX9R and 919 Blade engined cars.

dean100yz

posted on 31/3/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm id be interested to hear what he has to say on this one
matt_gsxr

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
are you allowed 2-strokes?
joni

posted on 1/4/10 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
are you allowed 2-strokes?
no

dean100yz

posted on 1/4/10 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Shame
mistergrumpy

posted on 1/4/10 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
If it helps. I've fitted a ZX9 to my car and played a fair part in helping to fit Gav's Blade engine and the Blade is sooooo much easier to fit and just feels more solid.
Andy Bates has played with both and seems pretty well set on the Blade engine too.

MK9R

posted on 6/4/10 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
The zx9 is a great engine, with more low down grunt than the 919, but the biggest problem is the gearing. The final ratio on the blade is better suited to the diff ratios available. The blade is also bullet proof, apart from the gearbox if driven with little sympathy. The dogs are on 3rd and 4th wear very quickly if changing down without matching the revs which cause it jump out of gear, i wreaked a new box in half a season, and the parts to rebuild cost me £500. 2nd hand gears for the blade are hard to come by as they all wear, so you end up having to buy new ones, hence the price. I am being more sympathetic changing down now, and have been told (and hope) it will last a lot longer.

I can't really comment on the zx9 longevity as although i tracked it for well over a year without a problem i only did 1 race with it before i change to a blade. Racing and tracking daying it is very different

Overall i did prefer the characteristics of the zx9 as you could be lazier with it, but if you want to the quickest i'd go for a blade.

[Edited on 6/4/10 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.