Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk indyblade gearbox
projectmkindy

posted on 4/4/10 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
mk indyblade gearbox

Hi all,
Loving every minute of my indyblade however it has recently started to pop out of second gear straight into neutral and then difficult to get it back throught the box into thrid. To do the gear box on these does the engine need to be split? Does anyone have any ideas to whats the possible cause and cost to fix,

Thanks
Phil

MK indy blade

gingerprince

posted on 4/4/10 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you have to split the case to get to the gearbox (but not if you're just changing the forks).

I did mine nearly 2 years ago ( a few pics here linky dinky ) having never touched an engine before.

Cost wise it depends what's broken of course, but I replaces 2 gears, plus circlips etc required when splitting the gear shaft. Including gaskets etc probably cost me about 300 quid in all (and a lot of learning time).

You'll find Ron Ayers site useful for parts microfiche.

I got my gears from Lings Honda, you can order parts online and see cost of all items.

Good luck,

Sy

dean100yz

posted on 9/4/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Happened on mine twice!! Both times with a quickshifter fitted. Ive taken that off and had the 'box done again & been fine since

£300 seems about right for gaskets, oil & new parts. You can virtually get an engine for that price though. The blade lumps are pretty cheap now

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.