Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: seatbelt mounting at rear
david cromie

posted on 8/5/04 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
seatbelt mounting at rear

I have just purchased a set of cobra roadster 7 seats. When mounted to the floor the sear holes are 4.5 inches above the mk sear anchor holes. It appears the sva man wants the belts to be coming straight out of the seats slots. any ideas. The only way around the problem that I can see is to weld a tube the same size as the roll bar across the roll bar and put threaded inserts and weld up. would this be ok for mr. sva man. David. Any photos would be great
zetec

posted on 9/5/04 at 05:03 AM Reply With Quote
I passed fine with Cobra 7s in and Indy. I don't think there is a problem with difference in height, unless a new rule has come in.
greggors84

posted on 9/5/04 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think the harness mounting point has to be higher than the back of the seats only if there are no harness holes in the seats. If you have harness holes there is no problem i think.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

macspeedy

posted on 9/5/04 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
I think its mainly a problem for chaffing on the belts no sharp edges then no problem, strength of seats is also a problem then
Mix

posted on 9/5/04 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think if the mounting points are lower than the harness holes the seat is considered to be a structural member and as such would probably fail. The horizontal bar option across the roll bar seems to be the easiest option, at least it's the one I intend to use. (at the moment)

Mick

david cromie

posted on 9/5/04 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
seats

thanks lads for all your help. Checked with an other indy person and found that his openings for his seatbelts are lower than mine, and that is where the problen arises. david

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.