Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: View T7 - The Video
jmbillings

posted on 11/5/04 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
View T7 - The Video

hey folks. Me and Steve did a video sesh the other weekend over near Breeon on the hill. The footage is now edited into a spangly PAL std video, 3:34 long. You can d/l it here: Video Link, just right click and save target as. Be warned, its around 60Mb or so, so if you are on Dialup I wouldn't bother!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Smooth Torquer

posted on 11/5/04 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Small video clip???

Hi
I just watched your video, and its only 45 seconds long, did you link to the wrong file???

Anyway even the 45 second video is great, smooth editing

Sam

jmbillings

posted on 11/5/04 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Is it? Sod it, the full one is on my laptop in theoffice, must have forgotten to copy it over to the server! Full one should be there tomorrow then! <doh>
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 11/5/04 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
This version is only 12MB - downloadin git now.

jmbillings

posted on 11/5/04 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
AH, I'd left me pc in the office on, and terminal server is dead handy
Full video should be here

*Link changed to ISP space for better upload speed - seems several people were uploading it and it killed the connection at work! Oops...

I was reminded cuz someone posted this link: http://richi.jenkin.users.btopenworld.com/MKR1_0002.wmv in uk.rec.cars.kit-car!

[Edited on 11/5/04 by jmbillings]

[Edited on 12/5/04 by jmbillings]

Smooth Torquer

posted on 11/5/04 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Im just downloading the full one, thanks mate

Sam

Hellfire

posted on 11/5/04 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Video

coo blimey - bandwidth is down... I'll leave it overnight! (6.2 Kb/sec) Have a look tomorrow!!

The short one is very well edited and compiled - well done! Nice mix of audio too

What software did you use to edit?

jmbillings

posted on 11/5/04 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
ah well, wait and see! I used adobe premiere, a guy at work lent me it. Bit of a learning curve initially, but ok when you get the hang of it!
Noodle

posted on 12/5/04 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmbillings
ah well, wait and see! I used adobe premiere, a guy at work lent me it. Bit of a learning curve initially, but ok when you get the hang of it!

Agreed. Premiere rocks!

Neil.

ugh! 10.2kb/s. I'm going off work!

Your sort make me sick

ned

posted on 12/5/04 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Downloaded the 27.9 meg file in about 30 secs, but media player gives an 'inkown error' and my divx player only plays the sound - dfo i need a special codec/plugin or something?

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

jmbillings

posted on 12/5/04 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Im still uploading the file so that might be part of the problem. The DivX version you need is 503 (thats what I used anyway!) - I can post that there too if req'. Will edit this reply when the file is uploaded (although I might re-encode it to a half size smaller one tonight to make it easier, its only so big as I made a DVD from it )

OK, its there now. Same link, but I've re-encoded it smaller - not enough webspace for the big file! New one is around 15Mb or so...

[Edited on 12/5/04 by jmbillings]

Alan B

posted on 12/5/04 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I downloaded, but no video.....sound works..

Is it that codec thingy problem?

jmbillings

posted on 12/5/04 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
More than likely - you 'll need to download the Divx codec bundle - i've put it Here - if you have media player you probably don't need to install the player - the codec is the important bit.
Alan B

posted on 12/5/04 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
That did it...

Cheers..

ned

posted on 12/5/04 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
some nice twisty little roads round your way, even ifd they're not that wide or have much visibility

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

jmbillings

posted on 12/5/04 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, you woudn't believe how busy that little road was either! The amount of times we had to dive into the scenery to avoid a blummin Corsa coming the other way... tsk. Funnies was a massive range rover who came tanking over a crest at an even sillier speed than us - it had lots of momentum...
Noodle

posted on 12/5/04 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
Downloaded the 27.9 meg file in about 30 secs

Ooooh. Listen to her!

Show off.

Your sort make me sick

flak monkey

posted on 12/5/04 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Downloaded the 27.9 meg file in about 30 secs

Bah...is that all

The vid is very good, very nice car well done, enjoy it ...actually it looks as if you are!

Would be good to see more videos of peoples finished cars..or is it just me?

Cheers
David

[Edited on 12/5/04 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

richijenkin

posted on 12/5/04 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
good editing...nice one

jmbillings

posted on 12/5/04 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
'ere Richi, you nicked our colour
billy

posted on 12/5/04 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
video

i have some nice video of my car bieng thrashed too, but i dont have any web space to upload it to so you all can see the power of a vauxhall 16v. he he he

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

jmbillings

posted on 12/5/04 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billy
i have some nice video of my car bieng thrashed too, but i dont have any web space to upload it to so you all can see the power of a vauxhall 16v. he he he

I'd offer but I had enough truobles with my own video! I keep meaning to get some proper webspace at some point, but until I can get broadband it dont seem worth it!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.