Election Debate Video

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Proper manifesto here - gets my vote!!
DorsetStrider

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Just slightly off topic... but I've just been watching BBC News 24. And they listed how far Brown, Cameroon and Clegg have travelled today. I beleive Clegg won with 600+ miles.

Let me just make sure I understand this correctly... between them they clock up over 1000 miles in 1 day! in an attempt to get the job. Once in the job you know that no matter who wins they will be telling us to lower our carbon emissions and how green they are.

How did they clock up these miles? Magic Carpet! Am I really the only one that see's the hypocracy in all this?

Who the f**K tightened this up!

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Vote Labour. quite simply the only option for anyone other than a total toff.

also watched all 3 debates and the jeremy paxman one. i was undecided but from watching hot air cameron on i honestly dont think the tories have any policies what so ever. at least gordon brown gave some very strongly reasoned arguments.

and having met the man when he came to visit us at work i think he believes in what he is doing and i trust him a damn side more than sleezebag cameron.

mookaloid

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke_stephenson

also watched all 3 debates and the jeremy paxman one. i was undecided but from watching hot air cameron on i honestly dont think the tories have any policies what so ever. at least gordon brown gave some very strongly reasoned arguments.

and having met the man when he came to visit us at work i think he believes in what he is doing and i trust him a damn side more than sleezebag cameron.

Is this the gordon brown who puts on his badly practiced cheesy grin and who is nice to little old ladies to their faces then calls then bigoted when he thinks the microphone is turned off?

And is this the gordon brown who even one of his own candidates says is the worst prime minister we have ever had?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

richardR1

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
The sooner we get that bumbling fool out of number 10 the sooner this country can regain some confidence and get off its knees. And i am as far removed from a toff as you can imagine.

MK Owners Club Member 1015

coozer

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Balls with all them, UKIP for me this time... you want change? do the same.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
yes. come on, her comments about immigration were biggot-ish you cant deny that. he did not call her a biggot he said she was biggoted, i.e. her opinions were such that she sounded like one. and dont suggest for one moment they dont all do that.

can you imagine how difficult it must be to restrain yourself when your debating with someone who doesnt know a zillionth of what they are talking about other than media hyp?

speaking of media hyp, that idiot of an mp who said that was clearly just trying to get his 15mins of fame.

you are however entitled to your opinion. if you want to see a return to the crap schools, fire brigade and NHS of the early 90's and the poll tax riots before that, the closing of british industry and the begginings of the privitisation revolution that has left us with next to no british owned firms or utilities. french, spanish, and germans own our gas companies, water companies and phone companies.

i beg you vote tory then. hopefully you will enjoy private health care and are one of the wealthiest land owners in britain and can thus look forward to some handsome inheritance tax breaks. happy days!

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
bumbling fool i dont think so. i think people are missing the facts behind the headlines. imigration, immigration immigration they cry- from outside the EU (EU migration can not be limited apart from by UKips policies) was -8000 people last year. (due largely to the points system introduced by labour)

and quite simply, what exactly is all this change cameron talks about, he has said a lot of words in the debates but i challenge anyone to give me a policy he has spoken of? just one please?

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
One final point. We are not voting for any of them, we are voting for the parties they represent and i think that is also being forgotten.

too much of this election has been based on personality.

thats it rant over. i am just genuinely worried about a tory government

[Edited on 4/5/10 by luke_stephenson]

bmseven

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Damage limitation exercise - they are all a bunch of knobs it's just a case of which one inflicts the least pain on us "normal folk"

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

coozer

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Browns full of improvements for this and that, we can limit this, stop that etc etc blah blah blah.....

Why didn't the useless tosser do it before now?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mookaloid

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Browns full of improvements for this and that, we can limit this, stop that etc etc blah blah blah.....

Why didn't the useless tosser do it before now?

+1

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
they have?! the health service has been transformed! my mother and girlfriend both work in the NHS and although not perfect they cant stress enough how much it has improved post 97.

they have built new schools, hospitals and fire stations.

and no matter what the hyp about the economy (a global un preventable disater started in america) Gordon Brown has stayed away from boom and bust, no more crazy inflation or 15% interest rates.

I firmly believe the country is better for the vast majority of people now than in the early 90's. People are voting for change because the papers are telling them to, they are voting because the are bored of the same party. it always happens after the same party has been in power for a while. all the bad parts are highlighted and the good bits hidden away.

i would imagine most people on here are working class if there is such a thing. i served my time as a power station fitter. apprenticeships were virtually killed off under tories. they are out for the rich no two ways about it.

i agree with a lot of lib dems policies, unfortunately they have some crap ones too tho.

for me labour has a credible plan for the future, lib dems never thought they'd get this far. and conservatives have nothing, just hot air and pathetic charms offensive. david cameron makes my stomach turn

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone who is undecided please scrutinise what has happened in the past and ignore most of the papers, labour is the best for normal folk so to speak.

im off to kip.

mookaloid

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
i am just genuinely worried about a tory government

For as long as we have had the labour party, every time they get into power, they win the popular vote by fooling the voters into thinking that everything is great but actually spending all the Country's money and taking us to the brink of financial ruin. Then the Tories get in and have to put the money back. The same should happen now hopefully.

We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if during the very good economic position that the tories created and this government inherited and benefited from hadn't been squandered by gordon brown. most other countries put money away when times are good so that when times are bad they have money to spend on boosting a recovery - but not gordon oh no he's spent the lot and much much more. We now have the worst balance of payments and debt of any country in the EU except for greece - who are to all intents bankrupt - he has no business running the Country any way - he wasn't even elected

You shouldn't be worried about the tories, but we should all be worried that gordon brown might weasel his way back in again with weasel mandelson who is also an unelected member of the cabinet but who I suspect is really in charge

luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thats right, the tories sold off our north sea oil and privatised all our industries. yeh that put us right on the economic map.
luke_stephenson

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
that rap debate is quality. 'come on posh boy, step outside' brilliant
mookaloid

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

???

jlparsons

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
personally I'm absolutely tied between them, my local candidates each have policies which make a lot of sense to me along with some which don't, there's no perfect option.

However, I'm voting lib dem purely because I think a true three party system would make for a far more healthy democracy.

bmseven

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

???

That was where we started but it's all got a bit serious

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

mookaloid

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bmseven
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

???

That was where we started but it's all got a bit serious

Ah right sorry

morcus

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
This thread has rather been taken over by Labour Propaganda.

That is awesome, If only it were real. TBH, dropping the illest rhymes would more likely win my vote and any of what they're saying.
Gordon said he doesn't like women so maybe Mandy is pulling the strings.
A late entry from Nick Griffins Boss

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

norfolkluego

posted on 5/5/10 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

By the way you owe him 60,000 quid, we all do, even my grandchildren, that's how much of a financial genius that tw*t is
PS. I'm not a toff, total or otherwise

[Edited on 5/5/10 by norfolkluego]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 5/5/10 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
they have?! the health service has been transformed! my mother and girlfriend both work in the NHS and although not perfect they cant stress enough how much it has improved post 97.

they have built new schools, hospitals and fire stations.

Using borrowed money that we'll be paying back for the next 30 years!!! Since Gordon came in, the national debt has grown from about 35% to near 55% of GDP - thats a lot of extra borrowing!! A

Any moron can build a school or hospital using borrowed money - i'd vote for any party who could get some sustainability into the economy though because we sure as heck cant keep borrowing more and more forever or we'll go the way of Greece

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.