Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: exhaust cat
beaver34

posted on 11/5/10 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
exhaust cat

im looking to compete with my car next year in some kind of motorsport not yet decided what,

but it will need a cat fitting, to fit in the the regs, there are alot of race cats 200 cell items on ebay, are they any good being £100? will i loose alot of power?

linky

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200-cpi-Catalytic-Converter-Sports-Cat-Ford-/320519579204?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa 074a644#ht_3506wt_1084

Red16

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested to hear people opinions on this too.

dunk3

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
I have just fitted one to mine, not road tested it yet, as i have to get the car IVA, hopefully next month. Rescued attachment cat fitted.jpg
Rescued attachment cat fitted.jpg

MK9R

posted on 12/5/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
What engine are you running?? We are expiriencing problems in RGB at the moment. We are finding that the Cats are melting and blocking up the exhaust. This has been raised with the 750MC, but as yet we are still having to run them. It is the general concencus (in RGB) that due to use running stock ECU or carbed engines the cats just do nothing other than cause problems and cost, so the best results so far have been achieved by inserting a slice of zx12 cat in the end of the tail pipe. This meet the requirements and also allows quick and easy inspection, plus they do not seem to melt as quickly in this position, although we have seen the wadding from the exhaust melt, and turn into glass on the front edge of the cat.

Performance wise, as long as its not melted, we haven't seen any reduction in performance.

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
im looking to compete with my car next year in some kind of motorsport not yet decided what,

but it will need a cat fitting, to fit in the the regs, there are alot of race cats 200 cell items on ebay, are they any good being £100? will i loose alot of power?

linky

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200-cpi-Catalytic-Converter-Sports-Cat-Ford-/320519579204?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa 074a644#ht_3506wt_1084

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
beaver34

posted on 12/5/10 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
hello,

thanks for the info, a 1.6 zetec se engine, runs on omex around 200bhp,

so i can fit a cat in the tailpipe sort of like the ford wrc focus?

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
What engine are you running?? We are expiriencing problems in RGB at the moment. We are finding that the Cats are melting and blocking up the exhaust. This has been raised with the 750MC, but as yet we are still having to run them. It is the general concencus (in RGB) that due to use running stock ECU or carbed engines the cats just do nothing other than cause problems and cost, so the best results so far have been achieved by inserting a slice of zx12 cat in the end of the tail pipe. This meet the requirements and also allows quick and easy inspection, plus they do not seem to melt as quickly in this position, although we have seen the wadding from the exhaust melt, and turn into glass on the front edge of the cat.

Performance wise, as long as its not melted, we haven't seen any reduction in performance.

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

linky

beaver34

posted on 12/5/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
carnt seem to find any bike cats on ebay or anything, anyone know where i can see some pics or buy one?

ta

beaver34

posted on 14/5/10 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
any more thoughts as regards a bike cat???
40inches

posted on 14/5/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
This one?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.