Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Covered trailer for £700!
bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 21/5/10 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Covered trailer for £700!

Nowt to do with me, but there is a neat hard covered trailer on Pistonheads for £700. I would love it but can't fit it anywhere!
By my reckoning it is big enough to take a Phoenix with a roll cage so it should be big enough for quite a few of the cars on here?
But please check!
http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1658913.htm

jeffw

posted on 21/5/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I did look at that but I always wonder how you tie the car down in enclosed trailer like that....anyone know ?

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 21/5/10 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my ex-750 phoenix with a single tie down/tow point at the front, the old owner said that was the front attachment point!
So you only need one point at the front (The electric winch) and one at the back!
This of course is against everything that I had previously been told, that you should only strop down the wheels/unsprung bits!
But that was for a heavy off road safari special, I guess the strops can contain a lightweight?
Alternatively, cut doors in the side?

MakeEverything

posted on 21/5/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ive often thought about when mine is finished, and getting a trailer that fits a single garage.
If i were to go away with the kit car in the trailer, wouldnt it be a good idea to have a window in the side, and lightly insulated walls to make it into a "Caravan" of sorts?

Thats my plan for the future at least...

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/5/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
hammock and your laughing.
ginger ninja

posted on 22/5/10 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
We've just nearly finished our version - the tie down and off-loading issue was a concern, so we decided to fabricate a 1"tubular steel frame which covers 90% of the car but stops short of extending all the way to the trailer bed, leaving the wheels sufficiently exposed to allow them to be secured with tie downs. The cover is being clad as we speak by a local company with UV resistant 630gsm PVC. We shaped the cover to follow the profile of the car to improve aerodynamics ( and cost !) which meant we had to pivot the cover at the hitch and lift it to access the car. Going to attach gas rams from a car tailgate to hold it up when we get it back from the tarpaulin/tent machinists.

Anyone at Cadwell on the 7th July - be good to meet some of you, see you there ? (look for the "mongrel"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.