Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Video Camera for roll bar
omega0684

posted on 29/5/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Video Camera for roll bar

HI Guys,

I have been toying with the idea of getting a video recorder for the car. Don't have the foggiest of what to get though.

I would like your recommendations please

All the best

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 29/5/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
you need a decent roll bar first!!!
adithorp

posted on 29/5/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie

Hmmm... one with a cross brace I'd hope

adrian

PS. sorry, I know nothing about vid' cameras.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

omega0684

posted on 29/5/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie

Being Sorted mate

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 29/5/10 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I got one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-DV-SMALLEST-DIGITAL-VIDEO-CAMCORDER-WEBCAM-CAMERA-/260594741176?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders& amp;hash=item3caca82fb8

Well did have untill I lost it. My mate lost his too. They are so small you just put it down and never find it again!!

With an 8gb card it takes 2 hours 40 mins of vid. 640 X 480 res and good sound quality. I must say though its terrible for wind noise. All for 30 quid cant be too bad

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

snapper

posted on 29/5/10 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
You can use any camera on a clamp and I have got a couple of old but quite small DV cameras.
You need to put a clear UV filter on to protect the lens and the thin lens coating from stones, dust and flys, to not do this will ruin the lens in minutes.
A small camcorder often has a mic in socket and I put a boundry mic in the footwell, this shields the mic from the wind and still picks up the good noises.
Any mic will do as long as it out of the wind.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Mark Allanson

posted on 29/5/10 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I got one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-DV-SMALLEST-DIGITAL-VIDEO-CAMCORDER-WEBCAM-CAMERA-/260594741176?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders& amp;hash=item3caca82fb8

Well did have untill I lost it. My mate lost his too. They are so small you just put it down and never find it again!!

With an 8gb card it takes 2 hours 40 mins of vid. 640 X 480 res and good sound quality. I must say though its terrible for wind noise. All for 30 quid cant be too bad

I have one, they cannot cope with the vibration - everything looks like it made of jelly, not brilliant.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

RoadkillUK

posted on 29/5/10 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
This is a clip I made just to see how it looked, obviously the quality is better when it's not been 'youtubed'.

Locost MD80 Youtube

I used the age old method of 'blu-tac' to affix the camera to the number plate, I'm sure it will be just as secure on the roll bar.

Disclaimer: It's not my fault if you loose yours

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

Scott W

posted on 29/5/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've just purchased a Go Pro Hero HD along with a roll bar kit. The camera records to SD card and if you look on YouTube it performs extremely well!

Over here they are retailing for about £300 plus £30 for the roll bar kit. I've just got mine for £220 all in from the US. u2u me if you want the contact details of the guy I purchased it from as it's been part of a bulk/group buy organised on another forum.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.