Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Blues!!
Bob da builder

posted on 21/5/04 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
SVA Blues!!

Hey up,

waz the big day yesterday for the SVA at shrewsbury..... but didnt even make it to the test station dam blown radiator cap, nicely polished engine bay now covered in rusty water!! well theres next time!! has any body had this problem and what did the SVA people say... i have been told that becaues it is non attendance i have to pay the full fee again and apply through swansea again goining to take weeks, is there a way round things??

also be warned the AA do not tell you when you take out cover especially for the SVA journey that they will not rescue you because it doenst have a number plate... about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!! will be canceling that i think!!

till next time

bob

Mk-Ninja

posted on 21/5/04 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Tuff luck bob. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Seams a bit harsh to charge you again, I would have thought that you should just pay the retest fee.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

barrie sharp

posted on 21/5/04 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Bob i think the fee is £50 seem to remember reading it on the wall in the test centre.
have you spoke to the test centre? they do all the retests direct!
after all that work to change engines as well

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Hellfire

posted on 21/5/04 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about that Bob. I would definitely speak to the test centre and explain whats happened. They may be sympathetic

Bob da builder

posted on 21/5/04 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
called the test centre to day, the very nice lady felt sorry for me and is allowing me to just change the date and not pay any fee!! box of rosies for her when im down there!! she said that if i was a production car then i would have had to go through the whole swansea route! waz very understanding about murphys law!!

next sva 18th june! 1 month with the sun out and a `finnished` car, itz going to be HELL!!!!

Barrie, after the engine rebuild and some £600 it turns out that the main reason for the high emissions waz the idle screwes warn on the webbers, £10 to change them and it ran fine Hydrocarbons down to 300 fromm 4000!!! not to happy with the guy at the garage but i do have a sweet , `reliable` and more powerfull motor!!

later guys!!

bob

Kitlooney1000

posted on 21/5/04 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
unlucky bob, good luck for the retest, hope you pass

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.