Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: V8 Kit Car for Sale!!!!!! - thanks for all your help but it has to go!
Arthur T

posted on 15/6/10 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
V8 Kit Car for Sale!!!!!! - thanks for all your help but it has to go!

My kit car is for sale it is based on the DAX rush. its currently on ebay item number:330442301442

My dream was to drive the car to the south of France and as such I have designed the car to be comfortable but exciting. The engine had to be a V8 and that is why there is a beautiful 3.5 ltr rover V8 installed.

After 3 years working to create a top of the range kit car it has come to the point where I do not have enough time to finish my beloved kit car.

I have spent a great deal of time choosing the best parts to add to my kit car, as I had planned to keep the car no expense has been spared in the quality of the parts or the construction. But after getting married and work commitments my free time to work on the car has reduced massively, so it is with great reluctance that I’m having to sell

I have produced a list showing exactly how much is included with my kit car.

• The engine
o A 3.5ltr rover V8 – every part that could be removed has been, acid dipped and polished/painted.
o New gaskets all round – (apart from heads)
o Magnecore ht leads added
o New dissy cap
o New rotor arm
o New oil filter
o Starter motor
o Alternator
o Coil
o Hot wire – air flow meter
o ECU
o New rover V8 wiring loom
o New inlet pipe work
o New water pipe work
o New race spec Radiator
o New inline filler cap
o New Radiator fan
o New HT cable supports
o New race battery
o New polished oil filler cap
o TVR griff 500 clutch
o New Horn

• The Chassis
o The chassis is power coated silver
o The chassis has been strengthened to take the additional loads of a V8
o The chassis has been designed beautifully with lazer cut plates and unique parts.
o The central drive shaft tunnel is constructed from lazer plates to give a curved tunnel. The lazer cut parts has allowed all fuel, brake pipes and loom to be run safely out of the way.
o Two roll bars have been installed as well

• The suspension
o The suspension is FULLY rose jointed to enable the user to set the car up for different driver/road styles
o The Suspension is NEW GAZ GOLD shocks all round, These were set up for the can, these shocks are the best on the market and look beautiful.
o Amazing machined steering rack holder. The steering rack holder enables the perfect steering rack set point to stop any bump steer and allow you to set the correct driving style for every track/road.
o Ecsort fast steering rack
o Capri live axel

• The body
o The body has been sprayed Aston martin silver and looks beautiful,
o Nose cone and rear wheel covers and front wings are also provided.

• Wheels
o Four New 17” wheels and tyres have been added

• The inertia
I wanted to make the inertia a comfortable and enjoyable place to be; as such I constructed two supportive seats from fire retardant foam. I also have also built a centre conceal that can be added that holds two speakers, the idea was to get this leathered in tan leather.

This can be simply removed and standard seats added if required. New seat belts are also supplied

Many hundreds of pounds have been spent on the interior to make the kit car more like a car. All switches and dials illuminate and look great; here is a list of all the gauges, switches:

o New fuel gauge
o New Water temp gauge
o New Voltage gauge
o New oil pressure
o New Rev gauge
o New Speedo
o New Warning switch
o New Dipped switch
o New Main beam switch
o New Driving light switch
o New Horn switch
o New Fog switch
o New Started button
o New Ignition and key

o All gauges and switches have been installed into a hand crafted the dash out of marine ply. The dash also includes a glove box and speaker holes, the idea again was to get the dash fully leathered.

• Wires and cables
o A full kit car wiring loom has been fitted and all lights have been wired into place
o A rover v8 wiring loom has also been installed with an ECU

• Lights
o Again a great amount of money has been spent on the lights, all rear lights are LED and (silly money but look great) and eye lid lights for the number plate.
o Front lights and indicators are also fitted and wired in.

• Other bits
o I have fitted a New race spec fuel pump and endurance fuel tank ready for a Sunday drive or a trip to the south of France.
o ALL fuel lines and brake lines have been installed
o New Beautiful lazer cut brake and clutch peddles have been added.
o New wing mirrors with indicators are added
o Luggage holder plate has been welded behind where the fuel tank sits to allow you to fit a holder, thus enabling you to pack your suit case for the south of France.

This car is almost complete - I would say 75% – a prop, gear box, and exhaust are the only things required to get this car on the road.

I have been open and honest about this Kit car, this is not some half arsed job that has been done on a budget. I have spent a massive amount of time and money producing this car and it would make a great project if some one had more time on there hands.

Please feel free to contact me and see the car.

PS….. I am up for offers such as Porches, Lotus, vx220, TVR etc….

In addition - I also have a 4ltr engine, bell housing, T5 box, wiring loom, air flow meter and ECU – ie TVR running gear due to this alone costing well over £1500 I will be selling this separately. (This was my winter project to have a spare engine I could work on then swap it over once I had produced a full up rated engine)

The winner of the auction will have the first opportunity to buy this before it heads towards Ebay. Rescued attachment P1090688.JPG
Rescued attachment P1090688.JPG

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mcerd1

posted on 16/6/10 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
linky

-

jeffw

posted on 17/6/10 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a great car. Can I just point out that it is Laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) not Lazer, might want to edit your ebay add.

eddie99

posted on 17/6/10 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Certainly looks like a great car! Good luck with the sale!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.