Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omex ecu's
Strontium Dog

posted on 6/7/10 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Omex ecu's

I don't know where to put this so if a mod wants to move it please do so!

My mate is currently organising a group buy with Omex to take place in the next few weeks. The ecu's will be significantly cheaper than list price if we can get enough buyers. He has listed this on another forum and I will list it on another site too. We are not sure of prices until we have an idea of the number of people who want one but expect sub £500 hopefully around £460. Remember this is number dependant and so the more the merrier and the better deal for everyone!

If you are interested please indicate by putting your name down so Antony can get on with the final haggle. This is not an agreement to buy but please only put your name down if you are genuinely interested and likely to follow up on the deal. I will post more info as the deal progresses of course so you will all know where we are at and what sort of price we can actually get!

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy

etc.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

coozer

posted on 6/7/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I got a good deal at Stoneleigh but it was a fair bit more than that! Good luck.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Strontium Dog

posted on 6/7/10 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I believe Antony has already had a chat with them and it is all number dependant. We are both members of other forums so we should get some good interest hopefully!

Out of interest, what sort of price did you get at Stoneleigh? Feel free to pm me the answer if you prefer to be discreet!

[Edited on 6/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

flak monkey

posted on 6/7/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Retail price is £545 + VAT for a 600 series

[Edited on 6/7/10 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

hobbsy

posted on 6/7/10 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Is this for a 600 series?
Strontium Dog

posted on 6/7/10 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
Is this for a 600 series?

Yes, as far as I know Antony is looking at the 600. I don't suppose it matters which ecu you want though as long as it is from the Omex range so an ignition only ecu is available as well as a more highly spec'd item. The price would be reflected no doubt.

r1_pete

posted on 6/7/10 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
I'm talking with with them about the 700 series, probably looking to buy in the next few weeks, so I'm a potential.

[Edited on 6/7/10 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richyb

posted on 6/7/10 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
looking for a series 600, plus the loom - but wouldn't be able to commit funds until after the summer hols - September / Oct.
jeffw

posted on 6/7/10 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
If the price is right I'd be interested in a 600 & loom.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 6/7/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Spoke to OMEX just now about a 710+loom for the volvo lump, very helpful.

I'm in

[Edited on 6/7/10 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

omega0684

posted on 6/7/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy
3. omega0684 (Omex 600 + Full Loom)

etc.

theres my name down keep us posted, do we know roughly how long for the price? next couple of weeks etc?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
damdy-cash

posted on 6/7/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
depending on price I'm interested in a 600

cheers Volker

Strontium Dog

posted on 6/7/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy

etc.

there's my name down keep us posted, do we know roughly how long for the price? next couple of weeks etc?

Looks like some good interest so I'll get Antony to crack on. Should have some info within the next few days but keep putting your names down. The more the merrier and cheaper it's gonna get!

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 6/7/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy
4. liam.mccaffrey (Omex 710 + loom)

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

arrow-engineering

posted on 6/7/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
omex

can anyone confirm how many buyers we need and if that target is reached what the cost will be, im interested in a 600 and loom.
Strontium Dog

posted on 7/7/10 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
I think we are already pretty close to the 10 or so that we need as other clubs are involved. I spoke to Antony who is going to progress things over the next few days so should have a better idea of how much we can save per unit then.

Interestingly, Antony talked to emerald too but they can't be bothered to even answer his queries whereas Omex have been right on the ball and obviously want to sell us some ecu's.

Omex have even suggested a deal through one of their agents with the possibility of some cheap rolling road time for mapping too. Ant is going to get more details of that as well in case anyone is interested!

omega0684

posted on 7/7/10 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
im definately interested in getting in on the RR session through dealers, if he can get anything at northampton or Mtech in Cheltenham that would be great

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

Raymond Y

posted on 7/7/10 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Omex bulk buy

I could be interested. Doing a GSXR 1000 TB conversion on a Zetec and need an ECU. It's a bit earlier than I intended, but if the price is right.....

Raymond

Strontium Dog

posted on 8/7/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi everyone, I just got an email from Antony and this is what it said. Please note I do not have the price for the 710's yet but expect a similar discount on them!

Drum roll please......

My first group buy price. I don't think I'll find anyone lower. This is fantastic price!

For a group buy of 10 plus I will do the 600s for £478.34 inc VAT

Semi assembled harness for £52.88

Auxiliary harness £7.93

arrow-engineering

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
ecus

sounds good, no prices for finished looms?
hobbsy

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
So if I wanted to go with an omex for my turbo r1 project what else would I need? I assume it interfaces with all the standard sensors and the base price is just the ecu with no wiring? The semi assembled loom gets you what exactly? A big plug with a load of bare ends? What's th aux loom? Apologies if this is all on their website but I'm on my phone ATM

If it can give me boost control and they've got a base map for a 5pw NA R1 then I'd be vey interested

which version gives you anti-lag? Hehe

Strontium Dog

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just got the price for the 710's

710 is £650 inc VAT

Which looks a good price to me!

I'll find out more about looms but a lot of looms come semi assembled so you can poke the wires through a firewall etc and then put the ruddy great connectors on!

I'm sure that most info will be on the interweb or they are very helpful at Omex if you give them a bell to ask about their product.

Please bear in mind that every engine is different and whether the stock sensors will work is not something I know. From my experience most will largely work with after market ecu's but that's just my limited understanding based on the few I've used. Best to talk to Omex if in doubt and they will tell you what you will need for your particular application!

john_p_b

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
thats a fantastic price for 710! my mate is a agent for them and he cant even get them at that price! i fitted 600 to my sierra cosworth last year, really is pretty simple to build a loom up from the semi assembled item, i know the ecu works with ford sensors, aston martin, vag.....i've seen them fitted to all these and never needed sensors changing.

they are a very clever box of tricks

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Strontium Dog

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
thats a fantastic price for 710! my mate is a agent for them and he cant even get them at that price! i fitted 600 to my sierra cosworth last year, really is pretty simple to build a loom up from the semi assembled item, i know the ecu works with ford sensors, aston martin, vag.....i've seen them fitted to all these and never needed sensors changing.

they are a very clever box of tricks

Thanks for the info, and I guess the recession is good for creating a buyers market as everyone tries to stay in business.

Anyway the thanks for this should go to my buddie Antony, or as he is now known, Lord Chief Haggler Criddy. He has done all the legwork!

[Edited on 8/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

bimbleuk

posted on 9/7/10 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Whoever is supplying the OMEX ECUs is selling them at cost or less! As the list price for a 710 ECU is £845.00 + VAT. OMEX rarely do group buys from forums unless the cars are all exactly the same spec and even then they would only knock 10% off the price. So I would varify the price on the 710 personally.

If it's a 3rd party getting rid of stock then great but the prices just sound too good to me. I don't recall them ever having any difficulty selling all the ECUs they can make.

If you need verification from OMEX about any deals I'll be with Andrew (he now manages the daily operations) and Alan (Workshop and shipping) over the weekend. They race F2 stock cars at Standlake arena.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.