Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tin top - EGR valve help
Dangle_kt

posted on 28/7/10 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
tin top - EGR valve help

Hi folks - I removed the EGR valve off my wifes 1.9 dci renault grand scenic a while back - I tried to clean it, but it didn't really fix the problem.

My mrs has finally got round to buying a replacement EGR after I have nagged for months!

Looking at the parts I am a bit muddled...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laguna-Megane-Scenic-Traffic-Movano-Vivaro-EGR-Valve-/180513367101?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&has h=item2a076f643d#ht_849wt_911

here is the part I think I need, but you see the way it is sealed in the middle - well I'm pretty sure all I did last time was take one end of it off NOT the whole thing!

OOPS!

I can;t see how the next section of it is conected to the block - so thought I'd ask any of you knowledgable chaps on here - prior to me taking my mrs daily driver half to peices to find I dont have the correct parts or tools!

[Edited on 28/7/10 by Dangle_kt]

huskychaser

posted on 28/7/10 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Re EGR valve.

Hi, the new egr valve looks correct, its the lower part which clogs up & requires cleaning, regards Dave.
will121

posted on 28/7/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
picture is right as shows the whole valve, took mine out of my 1.9dci laguna recently it was a tight fit to get the whole thing out as especially if covered carbon done it by removing the 3 bolts, levering carefully on the flange with spacers and then lot of wiggling and pulling. they say you should replace the gasket as well but mine was a copper one and if carefull with the levering i managed to re-use mine

did you just pull the electric solinoid top off yours or did the valve come out, ive heard they can pull apart.

britishtrident

posted on 28/7/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
The word my friends in the trade is that on these the EGR valve clogging is an early warning that the turbo will fail in the not too far off future.

Changing the oil feed pipe to the turbo might help avoid the problem.

Import to use only a 5w/30 fully synthetic diesel engine oil in these and change more frequently than the service schedule demands.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Dangle_kt

posted on 28/7/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys - read and understood!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.