Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt advice.........Injector Staging
Bumble

posted on 2/8/10 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt advice.........Injector Staging

In engine constants my injector staging is set to "Simultaneous" as opposed to "Alternating". I have a 1.8 Zetec on R6 Tb's and this was the base map loaded from Phil at Extra EFi. Which is correct for my set up?
Thanks,
Matt

MakeEverything

posted on 2/8/10 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Start off at Simultaneous. you can always change it later. It depends on how you've wired the plugs from the coil pack, and depending on your firing order. In theory, what it does is uses all of the high tension voltage on four plugs or two at a time.

quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
In engine constants my injector staging is set to "Simultaneous" as opposed to "Alternating". I have a 1.8 Zetec on R6 Tb's and this was the base map loaded from Phil at Extra EFi. Which is correct for my set up?
Thanks,
Matt

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

matt_claydon

posted on 2/8/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Start off at Simultaneous. you can always change it later. It depends on how you've wired the plugs from the coil pack, and depending on your firing order. In theory, what it does is uses all of the high tension voltage on four plugs or two at a time.

quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
Thanks,
Matt

Injector staging has nothing to do with ignition, it's about whether all four injectors fire together, or in pairs of two. To answer the OP, it really doesn't matter for most people, I'd just leave it how it is.

t16turbotone

posted on 2/8/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Injector staging has nothing to do with ignition, it's about whether all four injectors fire together, or in pairs of two. To answer the OP, it really doesn't matter for most people, I'd just leave it how it is.
...CORRECT

coyoteboy

posted on 11/8/10 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
To expand...

The MS has two injector driver circuits, most people fire 2 injectors from each, usually 1 and 3, 2 and 4. However both can be fired at once (simultaneous) or alternating. The same amount of fuel is injected (in theory) however in sim mode one of the cyls is left with its fuel in the port for 3 strokes, and one injected on the intake stroke. This naturally gives a bit of variability in charge quality. Most engines won't care much, at a scale we can see/measure, but some (especially sensitive, bike engines, ones on the edge of stalling at idle due to cams etc) may find it important. My 3S-GTE is notably smoother at idle with alternating, but by far the most important difference is fuel pressure. Firing simultaneous mode drops the fuel through all 4 injectors at once, this means a fairly large pressure drop on the rail, which can mean less fuel delivered than intended. Alternating helps this by halving the instantaneous flow rate.

[Edited on 11/8/10 by coyoteboy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.