Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Installing Kent FR32 Fast Road Cam
jamiepearson69

posted on 10/8/10 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Installing Kent FR32 Fast Road Cam

Ive just bought some Bike Carbs to install into my MK running a 2ltr Pinto and my next plan is to install a Fast Road Cam.

I have been looking at the Kent FR32 which seems like a good option. Has anyone installed one? Ive not done a cam change in a pinto yet, is it an easy job?

As there is plently of room to work, I assume I won't need to remove the head.

Hugh_

posted on 10/8/10 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
You need to do the followers and valve springs as well. Not a problem with the head on but dont drop the valve...

I've not changed a cam but I understand you change the bearings at the same time.

nearly done

posted on 10/8/10 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,fitted a FR32 kit in my Pinto.Straight forward but i did encounter a problem when fitting new cam bearings,one of the bearings was tight around the cam and needed some careful honing in order for it to fit correctly.Dont know what it runs like as I need to get a manifold made for my bike carbs!!
cheers,Sean

Dingz

posted on 10/8/10 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just remember the pinto cam comes out of the back of the engine so if you are going to do it with the engine in place you may need a hole in the bulkhead!
The important bit is to run it in properly after it's installed, with the special lube and run the engine at 2000 rpm for 20 mins or whatever the cam manufacturer recommends.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

jamiepearson69

posted on 10/8/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
I notice that there are Cams available on thier own without springs and followers. I assume it is advisable to change these when putting the new cam in?
flak monkey

posted on 10/8/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
You need to change the followers for definate, but IIRC you can use standard springs with the FR32 cam.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

snapper

posted on 10/8/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Spring poundage is important for any cam, I would recomend new bearings, seals, spraybar, followers and springs.
If you are taking the head off then use a Felpro gasket, this will add 0.5 compression ratio cheap extra bhp and helps the cam to work better.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.