Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My car has arrived!
HappyFather

posted on 11/8/10 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
My car has arrived!

Hello!

I know it isn't true if there are no photos, so some will only believe it later today or tomorrow but...

My Aries Locoblade arrived today! Due to issues with the Freight Forwarder I contracted to get the crate to my house, I ended up going with a van and a friend to a warehouse get the stuff.

The car was inside a big wooden crate. We had to take the crate to bits, unload it on the floor, move the chassis (with the engine in place) into the van and put everything on top of it. Took us 2h30!

I'm now going to unload most of it alone and around 19h several friends will be over to see "the crazy thing I imported" and help me take the chassis to the "building site".

Steve from Aries Motorsports was great through all the process and the crate he got to put the kit in was perfect, it all arrived in perfect condition. So, a public thank you to Steve!

I'm sooo happy!

(Edited to take out the "(no pics yet)" from the subject. There are now some on my blog, although not the best)

[Edited on 13/8/10 by HappyFather]

IainL

posted on 11/8/10 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the build, also liked your blog.

Must agree with your comments that Steve at Aries is a top guy and always seems to be there to answer your questions (even the silly ones).

I'm also building an Aries Locoblade (my first build) which I've had since January, so if you need any build photos let me know and I'll see what I can find (there are a few in my photo archive not many though).

Cheers,

Thurbs

posted on 12/8/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck with your build, I saw your kit in Steve's workshop in the very big shipping crate.
I agree Steve is a top bloke some of the larger kit car manufacturers should take note of his customer service.
P.s some pics in my blog if you click www button below

[Edited on 12/8/10 by Thurbs]

chesney321

posted on 13/8/10 at 04:46 AM Reply With Quote
steve is a top bloke.

bought my chassis from steve 2 months ago,as this is my first build had a few problems so called steve who told me how to sort them out and doing ok now.steve also delivered the chassis for me,spent about 2 hours chatting.bought the starter kit for the irs version of the locoblade.steve helped me lift chassis onto stands then helped to position all wishbone into correct place
HappyFather

posted on 13/8/10 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you all!

I already have some pics from the reception day on the blog, now.

Thurbs, had already your blog on my feeds list, to get some ideas. IanL, I'll check your archive.

I'm having a rough week at work, haven't unpacked anything yet. The kit is just sitting there. I'll eventually have some hours on the weekend.

Regarding Steve's availability and communication, for me it was very important that he would answer my emails. And he always did it within 24h. I saved a lot on international calls

Well... On the weekend I'll start panicking about being lost and not knowing what to do...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.