Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fitting bike carb questions
jamiepearson69

posted on 16/8/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Fitting bike carb questions

Right, my new carbs and manifold have arrived and I'm very pleased with them. However I have a few issues which I have encoutered during fitting.

1. Where does the vacuume pipe off the dizzy go? it was previously conected to the Dagas carb.

2. I have an R6 fuel pump, is it critical which way up this is mounted? does anyone have any pics showing how they mounted theirs?

deltron63

posted on 16/8/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure your R6 pump isn't for a fuel injection bike. If it is ,then it will not work, too much pressure ( pi$$ out all over the place )
whitestu

posted on 16/8/10 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
If your manifold doesn't have a vacuum take off then unless you modify the manifold you won't have anywhere to connect it. A Megajolt would be an easy way to get better control over the ignition.

Wiith the R6 pump it is better to mount it under the tank so the inlet is gravity fed. Other than that it doesn't matter much. They will work horizontally or vertically.

Stu

splitrivet

posted on 16/8/10 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
As with everything Locost what might start out that way aint so simple and/or Locost.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

mark chandler

posted on 17/8/10 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Vacumn goes after the throttle plates so on the inlet manifold, you need to drill and tap all 4 runners then fit some little take off points, something like the injector manifold fittings shown halfway down this page linky.

you now need to gather into one and present to the distributor.

Dingz

posted on 17/8/10 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Simple solution is to leave the dizzy vacuum disconnected, it usually is with webbers too. You will also need to connect the crank case breather to a catch tank getting rid of the valve in the system, assuming it also used to be connected to the inlet manifold.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.