Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cortina Drum Brake Parts
Cheffy

posted on 18/8/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cortina Drum Brake Parts

Evening all,

Having spent the best part of this afternoon trawling ebay, old LB's threads and posts and assorted dark corners of t'internet for Cortina Drum Brake parts I'm starting to loose the will to live!

I've got 9" backplates on a Koln Cortina axle. Apart from that I have no other rear brake parts. I've managed to find sources for drums, shoes and brake cylinders but that's it. I cannot for the life of me find the correct shoe hold down spring and pin kit, shoe retraction springs, or adjuster mechanisms.

Also, as far as I can make out the brake shoes come with what the Haynes manual calls a relay lever attached. According the picture in the Haynes manual there appears to be a secondary lever of some sort attached to the relay lever which is held in place with a retaining bracket. None of the pictures of brake shoes I've looked at show this secondary lever. Is it likely to be included in the shoe kit, do I need to buy it seperatley or am I loosing the plot completely?

Any help/advice gratefully received!

TIA,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 18/8/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried asking these guys??

linky

panichat

posted on 18/8/10 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cortina forum

I posted on this forum to find some Cortina front uprights:
http://www.buysellcortina.co.uk/home.htm

Dave

big_wasa

posted on 18/8/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I am not telling you this as fact but ive looked at mondeo drums / back plates and think they may fit. Would be worth trying one if you get a free one.
Cheffy

posted on 19/8/10 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys,

Will check out your suggestions and report back.

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 19/8/10 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried your local factors, I got repair kits for my Capri axle (same as Cortina) which contained every spring, retaining pins etc, I think it was about £5 for the axle set.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Cheffy

posted on 19/8/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark,

I suppose logically that would have been the place to start, but no, never thought of them - Doh! Will pop in a have a chat next time I'm in town. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Mart.

scutter

posted on 21/8/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Mart i've a set of retaining springs sat in front of me, i'll try to pop them over tomorrow with your pump mount.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.