Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: holy s*1t
tcr

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
holy s*1t

im a diabetic and therfore have to renew my driving licence every 3 years which is due for renewal very soon, as id not yet recived the forms from dvla iv just rang them to enquire only to be told mr riley you dont have a licence :cry: .i had some points put on it in early 2008 but on their system no-one has logged that they've recived and sent back my licence so they revoked it 2 1/2 years ago without telling me. now i have to explain to my boss that i cant drive for another 3 weeks while they get it sorted. i dredd to think what could have happened if id have been pulled or had an accident.
dvla complete wa^Łers or what

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

fha772

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I got pulled a few years ago, because the DVLA database said I only had a provisional. Even though I had been driving for over 10 years and also had entitlements for bikes, hgv's, road rollers, and tracked vehicles!!

It took me near 3 months to get the database corrected!!

Good luck!!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

fha772

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
I got pulled a few years ago, because the DVLA database said I only had a provisional. Even though I had been driving for over 10 years and also had entitlements for bikes, hgv's, road rollers, and tracked vehicles!!

Good luck!!!

fha772

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote

Good luck!!!

Bluemoon

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Muppet's..
MK9R

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
my god fha772, they did it to you 3 times!! b@stards!!

[Edited on 2/9/10 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
col

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
HEHEHE!................Tw**s....aint they the muppets?
col

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
HEHEHE!................Tw**s....aint they the muppets?
AndyW

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
they would throw the book at you, without being rude, it is your responsibilty to make sure your licence is valid. The modern photo type only have a ten year validity period. After which they need to be renewed and this is soley the responsibility of the holder, so I would suggest we all take a look at when they expire. I do feel for you though, I had to report a health problem and it took them 3 months to finally tell me I have no restrictions.
trikerneil

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
I know a guy who sent his license in for a change of address and it came back with no motorcycle entitlement on it.

He had to take his bike test again !!!

I have got copies of my license stamped and signed "original seen" from the post office.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
they would throw the book at you, without being rude, it is your responsibilty to make sure your licence is valid.

So, having sent off their licence to get points added, and then received it back, you would suggest that people should then perform some kind of check to verify the validity of their licence? That is frankly ridiculous.

Personally I think the DVLA should be open to considerable compensation claims for the number of people they have screwed over and generally inconvenienced. Even for a government department they take inefficiency, bureaucracy and plain negligence to a new level. My wife had a full car and bike licence in her mid-20's, but due to this bunch of cretins losing her details she has had to retake her test and no longer has a bike licence (until she retakes it).

AndyW

posted on 2/9/10 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
they would throw the book at you, without being rude, it is your responsibilty to make sure your licence is valid.

So, having sent off their licence to get points added, and then received it back, you would suggest that people should then perform some kind of check to verify the validity of their licence? That is frankly ridiculous.

Personally I think the DVLA should be open to considerable compensation claims for the number of people they have screwed over and generally inconvenienced. Even for a government department they take inefficiency, bureaucracy and plain negligence to a new level. My wife had a full car and bike licence in her mid-20's, but due to this bunch of cretins losing her details she has had to retake her test and no longer has a bike licence (until she retakes it).

I do agree with your point about it being crazy, but it is the way it is. Does everyone check their licence? do we all check the full details of our insurance (bet we all dont) same with lots of things. As for having a bike licence removed, surley the place at which the test was passed will have to have a record of it? Dont they fill our forms which they have duplicates? Believe me Im not supporting them, just pointing out a fact for which we should all be aware.

dazzx10r

posted on 2/9/10 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
This is not a new problem, and has even made national news when the Watchdog program challenged the DVLA on their program. I would recomend that everyone on here that has had the above problems with the DVLA get together and write to the Watchdog program and try to get their problems sorted.
tcr

posted on 2/9/10 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
they would throw the book at you, without being rude, it is your responsibilty to make sure your licence is valid. The modern photo type only have a ten year validity period. After which they need to be renewed and this is soley the responsibility of the holder, so I would suggest we all take a look at when they expire. I do feel for you though, I had to report a health problem and it took them 3 months to finally tell me I have no restrictions.

so after sending and reciving my licence back with the points PRINTED on it why would i have any reason to think it had been revoked ? how many people do you know that ring the dvla just to ask to check that they still have a driving licence!
if you read my post properly you would see that i rang them before its up for renewal to ask why i had not yet recived the renewal forms so as to sort the replacment in plenty of time , the 10 year validity applies only to the photo itself not the licence, i have been diabetic for 15 years meaning i have gone through the process 5 times now

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

deltron63

posted on 2/9/10 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine sent his of and it came back with a bike license as well !!!!!
Ninehigh

posted on 2/9/10 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deltron63
A mate of mine sent his of and it came back with a bike license as well !!!!!

Full bike licence? Jammy git!

tcr

posted on 2/9/10 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
now why doesnt anything like that happen to me

MK MIDI ZX10R
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

l0rd

posted on 2/9/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
mine expires in 2044. Plenty of time
spiderman01980

posted on 2/9/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
it was on watch dog or some program like that about this problem, there was an ex copper on there that had a bike lisence and thats it and when he worked as a copper he petroled the roads on a motorbike, he sent his lisence off and it came back that he had a car lisence when the guy cant even drive so he had to retake his bike test!
spiderman01980

posted on 2/9/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
the only way to stop this from happening to you, is to take a photocopy of your lisence and keep it safe before you send the original away, i`ve been driving 12yrs and i still have my original pass certificate!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.