Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury headlight covers fitted
MK9R

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Fury headlight covers fitted

Got the first set of lightweight Fury headlight covers through from Andy at the weekend. First impressions were very good, lightweight, nicely made and more than sturdy enough. A quick trial fit showed they fitted like a glove and i decided they would probably be securely held on with just double sided tape, but if that didn't look secure enough i could add 2 or 3 pop rivets or self tappers.

I got some extra strength double sided tape from the local hardware shop applied it to the car then positioned the lense cover. It stuck down a treat, so much so that i cant get it off now!! So with it in place i decided to put some edging stripes around the covers to hide the double sided tape. with it all stuck down the lense cover is very sturdy with just a small amount of flex if pushed, which will be perfect to hopefully stop stones and debris cracking the cover.

The lense look great and will defo do the job, Andy is a top bloke and done a super job!!!

If you want some give him a shout as i think he is ready to start selling them :-

Andy Westgate
Westgate Creations Ltd
andy.westgate@btinternet.com

Hopefully this mod will knock 2 seconds a lap of my lap times

[Edited on 6/9/10 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Just seen the dirt, i'm hoping thats on the lense, as i never noticed before i fitting!!! Its going to be a git to remove to clean it if it is on the body!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Guess what a lot of people will want to know is whether they'll fit over standard headlights (with or without the chrome trim rings / bezels?)

Anyone else got a set yet?

MK9R

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I can't see why not, they sit on the outside of the headlight recess. I had standard lights until they were forcefully removed at brands hatch, i'm pretty confident they would fit.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Creative Andy

posted on 6/9/10 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Fury Covers

Thanks to Austen for great pictures, these covers were the first to be taken from the plaster mould, the resin tool is being made now, and from that will also come the 3mm road going covers these will hopefully be tested on Richard Bolton's car as he very kindly gave me a bonnet to work from. Thank you all for your help along the way, I'll let you know when we're in full production. Thanks to Locostbuilders, guess I'll be owing you a few bob too....."this time next year Rodder's we'll be........."
stevebubs

posted on 8/9/10 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
1) Where are those lights from

2) Are they fully road legal (dipped/main/beam) ?

3) could we see a picture without the top layer of tape so we can see the fitting?

TIA

Stephen

[Edited on 8/9/10 by stevebubs]

Creative Andy

posted on 9/9/10 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
fury light covers fitting

hopefully as soon as I can work out how to up load pictures I'll can show you how the carbon versions and fibre glass covers fit....how you secure them is up to you, tape, screws pop rivets...........you can always e-mail me and I'll send you pic direct
MK9R

posted on 9/9/10 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Lights are made from cheap torches from b&q, with headlight and sidelight bulb inserted. They are not road legal, and can't be left on very long as the reflectors will melt . Purely there to meet the regs, and very cheap and light

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

stevebubs

posted on 14/9/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
Lights are made from cheap torches from b&q, with headlight and sidelight bulb inserted. They are not road legal, and can't be left on very long as the reflectors will melt . Purely there to meet the regs, and very cheap and light

stevebubs

posted on 14/9/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Creative Andy
hopefully as soon as I can work out how to up load pictures I'll can show you how the carbon versions and fibre glass covers fit....how you secure them is up to you, tape, screws pop rivets...........you can always e-mail me and I'll send you pic direct

Mail sent - will upload for you when received, if you wish.

stevebubs

posted on 14/9/10 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Received the pictures from Andy today...here's some smallish versions - originals are in my photo archive.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Fury1630

posted on 15/9/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Where Do I Sign?

They look really good, & Christmas is coming. Getting impatiant now.

T

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/9/10 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the dim question, but do these types of cover only fit certain fury bonnets?

I know there are two types... but thats all I know!

I plan on getting a fury one day!

hobbsy

posted on 21/9/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
These are for the classic bonnet which doesn't have any covers.

You're thinking of the Lemans bonnet which is quite different looking (although can be swapped with a classic bonnet on the same car). The Lemans already comes with headlight covers.

The reason people are excited about these is that they're about the first to be made for the *classic* bonnet in any quantity (someone may have made a one off pair?)

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/9/10 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I hoped that would be what it was for... looks great.
dickie b

posted on 21/9/10 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Quick update

I dropped off a pair of regular headlamps, bowels & chrome bezels (trim rings) with Andy today.

He is going to fit them to the Fury bonnet to establish how well it all goes together (e.g; If the chrome trim ring has to be ditched or if the whole lot will fit under the covers without modification).

Andy is also sussing out a suitable method of fitment that could be recommended to purchasers if needed - e,g tape, tabs, edging trim or somesuch.

stay tuned !

cheers
Richard

Fury1630

posted on 22/9/10 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I want some

Any idea when we'll be able to buy them yet?? I've lined my wife up to get me a pair for Christmas.

T

JohnCL

posted on 23/9/10 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
I've just got a pair of 1mm race covers from Andy, price £27.50 incl P&P.
They are great fit with the chrome rings off which is fine for competition use.
Would even fit with some pursuasion with the rings on as they have some pliability. As the OP said they still have enough rigidity for road use as well.

For the 2mm actual road versions he's just remaking the mould to incorporate a small bump in the top a la Micra so they'll fit with the ring in place. Should look good.

I can thoroughly recommend him, nice guy and reliable.

John

JohnCL

posted on 23/9/10 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I've just got a pair of 1mm race covers from Andy, price £27.50 incl P&P.
They are great fit with the chrome rings off which is fine for competition use.
Would even fit with some pursuasion with the rings on as they have some pliability. As the OP said they still have enough rigidity for road use as well.

For the 2mm actual road versions he's just remaking the mould to incorporate a small bump in the top a la Micra so they'll fit with the ring in place. Should look good.

I can thoroughly recommend him, nice guy and reliable.

John

Jos Fury

posted on 23/9/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
They look really good ! Thanks again to Andy who is making this possible and even willing to work out a neat fitting solution. And of course dickie for bringing the lamps and chrome ring too.
It would be perfect if the chrome ring does not need to bee removed.
Ofcourse still in for two pairs, even though the Fury is still nowhere finished.
Cheers !

[Edited on 23/9/10 by Jos Fury]

Creative Andy

posted on 19/10/10 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
light covers

quote:
Originally posted by Fury1630
Any idea when we'll be able to buy them yet?? I've lined my wife up to get me a pair for Christmas.

T

Getting another batch made, ready next week, just send me an e-mail. andy.westgate@btinternet.com

thanks for the support from you guys too!

MK9R

posted on 19/10/10 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,

I will be ordering some sets, its just that the season has finished now, most of us are having a few weeks off from tinkering

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Jos Fury

posted on 23/10/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
What material are the edging strips made of Austen ?

[Edited on 23/10/10 by Jos Fury]

Creative Andy

posted on 25/10/10 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
Andy,

I will be ordering some sets, its just that the season has finished now, most of us are having a few weeks off from tinkering
Hi Austin, thanks for a great bit of PR, much appreciated Andy

Creative Andy

posted on 25/10/10 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Second Grade 2mm Fury Light Covers

Was hoping to unload some "seconds" at Exeter on Saturday, but only saw one Fury there and that was with the new bonnet. However I have 5 sets which are perfectly good enough for racing for £15 a pair + p&p, just trying to get some tooling costs back, if you're interested, just let me know...cheers Andy
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.