Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Koso dash help
Pezza

posted on 11/9/10 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Koso dash help

I'm in the process of sorting the wiring in my Indy with an R1 engine.
With the koso clocks you get a pickup and some magnets for sorting the speed out.
Is there any reason I can't use the pulse from the speed sensor instead of faffing around finding somewhere for the magnets and pickup?

Also for the tacho I take it I can again use the pickup coils output?

And lastly, how do I work out the settings for the speed? I take it I have to factor in the 3.62 reduction of the diff if I use the speed sensor?

Thanks

Ben

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

RK

posted on 11/9/10 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't the Koso, as most units, designed to work with their magnets? That way, you know it will be accurate.

Faffing about is what these cars are about!!

twybrow

posted on 11/9/10 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have used their magnets and sensor for speed (glued the magnets onto my prop, and made a bracket to hold the sensor on my centre bearing).

The revs, I tried using their coil pickups etc, but I found the best solution was to use the bike tacho wiring straight into the Koso. It worked first time!

Pezza

posted on 11/9/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah was going to go down that route for the tacho, was just testing the water for the speed sensor, I might have a play and see how it works out.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.