Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Phone confusion.............
clairetoo

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Phone confusion.............

I've decided the time is right to join the 21st century , with a new phone (old one is 6 years old.............and playing up )
I dont have the spare funds to go iphone , and the HTC Desire seems to be the phone of choice around work - but I have just been looking at the HTC Wildfire , and cant see any difference in the spec - other than it being cheaper , and available (where I'm looking , which is Virgin , as I am allready with them for phone/internet and telly)

Any good reason for not going for the cheaper option ? I'm getting more confused the more I look around................

[Edited on 13/9/10 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

jossey

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
The thing is that both HTC Desire and HTC Wildfie have Android 2.1/2.2 OS. Besides screen and processor,both handsets have same specifications. If we compare both the gadgets, then screen of HTC Wildfire is 240 x 320 pixels on 3.2 inches TFT while HTC Desire has 480 x 800 pixels on 3.7 inches AMOLED .

The Desire provide bigger RAM department of 576 MBs than 384 MBs of the Wildfire. As processor is concerned, the wildfire processor is of 528MHz while desire processor is of 1MHz. In price comparison, there is a big difference between both the gadgets. HTC Wildfire would be two-third of the price of the Desire. As HTC starts to introduce android based devices, it seems to have spontaneous publicity in the market. HTC Desire has become top selling gadgets from its successor. HTC Wildfire has a bit smaller screen than the Desire. HTC Wild fire also have less RAM than HTC Desire. The plus point about HTC Wildfire is that it is lighter than the HTC Desire and also wildfire offers a longer battery life than desire. Desire's weight is 118 grams.

hope that helps.

check out www.buymobilephones.net

i get most of my phone deals from there.

i normally get a xbox 360 or ps3 every 18 months with a good phone on 18/24 contract.

the site ive used for last 6 years.

worth a look anyway (NTWM)

If the cost isnt much different for the desire then get that one.

the android software is very intensive for apps so the extra processor and ram. Makes a little difference.

Make sure you get a version with 2.2 on. some still sell with old version of fireware. :O)
(thanks seabass for picking up the mistake).

you would assume that with me having one i would know what im on about!!! lol

dave j

[Edited on 13/9/10 by jossey]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SeaBass

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Jossey - HTC have rolled out 2.2 Froyo on the Desire now... Mine updated about three weeks ago.

[Edited on 13/9/10 by SeaBass]

jossey

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
ye sorry i meant 2.2 lol

some people have had issues updating them.

i got the deisre for the guys at work and some have had issues getting updated without problems.

dave j

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jos

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
bear in mind that HTC are having a press conference on 15th Sept supposidly to launch 2 new handsets 1 of which at least should replace the desire with a bigger screen version so that may affect desire prices

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

stevebubs

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, if you can afford it, I would recommend you get the quicker processor (Desire) - Especially if it's your first "smartphone". the lower end models can be sluggish at times.

Also worth a look is the Samsung Galaxy S.

HTH

Stephen

StrikerChris

posted on 13/9/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Id look into your service providers signal more than the phone.I'm not big on gismos but find the desire far better than my old I phone 3g.on the other hand my phones a phone,computers a computer and camera is a camera.out in the sticks,like half way between Chester and wrexham mobile web is pants so makes most functions pointless!doddlejump passes the time on the throne tho....
ashg

posted on 13/9/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have got the desire and my GF has the wildfire. The screen quality on the wildfire is poo compared to the desire.

If you can afford the desire its a much better device but then again the wildfire isn't a bad cheaper alternative

BTW I just replied to this using my desire meaning its fully lcb compatible

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

v8kid

posted on 14/9/10 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
On the other hand if you get an i phone you don't have to learn how to use it as it's intuitional. At £35 a month unlimited with no upfront costs I thought it's cheap. Are the clones cheaper?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

iti_uk
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 13/10/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: The KLMX-5 ('97 MX5 w/Mazda KL 2.5L V6)

posted on 14/9/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Get whichever you can get a better deal on. Phone technology is developing rapidly, so whatever you get, it will be "out of date" within half a year.

Android is certainly the way forward, although the played-out, flock-of-sheep-syndrome iPhone does do a lot of things well. (I'm not an Apple fan - can you tell? )

quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
On the other hand if you get an i phone you don't have to learn how to use it as it's intuitional.

My disagreeification is notmuchified by my brief experientation with the iPhone in the shops. It is, indeed, intuitional.

(sorry, couldn't resist :p)

Chris

[Edited on 14/9/2010 by iti_uk]

clairetoo

posted on 15/9/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jos
bear in mind that HTC are having a press conference on 15th Sept supposidly to launch 2 new handsets 1 of which at least should replace the desire with a bigger screen version so that may affect desire prices

Just read up on that ..................... maybe it will push down prices on the `old' version , but I found today that my phone is totally foobarr'd..............it wont receive calls , wont send texts , and £15 of credit has vanished
The Desire is out of stock anywhere that has good deals , but I am effectively phone-less at the mo'..........................so I have to make a decision

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.