Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Living options in and around Milton Keynes
omega0684

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Living options in and around Milton Keynes

Evening all,

i have been commuting from Coventry to Milton Keynes for the past 10 months. Its 43 miles door to door and taking a leisurely drive to maximise fuel consumption it takes about an hour.

Now its getting to be a bit of a chore when i have to work 7 days on the trott and sometimes longer. so im looking to potentially move to MK or the surronding area in the next 6 months, more than likely after christmas. i have been browsing for flats and houses but would rather buy than rent (or rent a room for dirt cheap!) Job security seems secure after a recent review.

So i turn to you lot with the local knowledge for advice, good bad places to live, i want to situated within 10-15 miles of MK ideally. what other options do i have??? my kit is in Coventry would have to look into garage rental if i was to move the Rush

Thanks in Advance

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
karlak

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
How much are you thinking of spending. Some big differences in the price of property in surrounding villages etc.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

hobbsy

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Northampton?

More character than MK, proper town etc...

greggors84

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
I used to rent a flat in Newport Pagnell town centre, nice place with a few pubs and loads of restaurants and take aways.

About 10 mins drive to the centre of MK and a couple of mins to junction 14 of the M1.

I liked it because you had the old town feel of newport but were close enough for the nightlife and shopping of MK but didnt actually have to live there.

Was paying £550 i think for a big 2 bed flat, looked at buying there and the prices weren't too bad, compared to other villages/towns around MK anyway.

[Edited on 21/9/2010 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Tris

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
It depends a lot on where in MK you are working - it can be a pain to get from one side to the other in the morning rush hour.

Rule of thumb would be to rule out anything within a mile or so from the town center (Coffee Hall, Leadenhall, Fishermead, Bradwell common).

Depending if your work is north or south MK, the villages to the south are nice (although they can be expensive). Woburn Sands and Aspley Guise would be my pick.

My next door neighbour works in Wolverton (i live in Lidlington). It takes him over an hour to get to work if he times it wrong.

Bass1st

posted on 21/9/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Agree it really makes a difference on where you need to get to for work and how much you have to spend, plus what sort of location you want.
omega0684

posted on 22/9/10 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
ok, so perhaps i should have explainded times etc,

budget up to £200,000. The times doesn't really matter, i only work two shifts really 6am-2pm or 1pm -9pm. so rush our traffic isn't a problem. i work in witan gate house in the centre of MK. opposite the Sainsbury's & the HUB.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 22/9/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Come and live in Da Ghetto with me (kempston) MK42 fo' LIFE, dawg (except when I lived in MK43).

[Edited on 22/9/10 by Liam]

omega0684

posted on 22/9/10 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
kempston is bedford isn't it?

Liam i should pop over after work and check out your build.

[Edited on 22/9/10 by omega0684]

Liam

posted on 22/9/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ah... er...

What with house renovation and marriage etc etc the build hasn't been touched for a while . It's down the road at my parents still in bits. Now I'm mostly done with the reno I'll be setting back up here soon! Nothing to see until then though You'll be welcome any time there's something worth looking at - hopefully not too long.

Liam

[Edited on 22/9/10 by Liam]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.