Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Triumph Daytona BEC kit
twybrow

posted on 21/9/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Triumph Daytona BEC kit

After a fantastic 18 months with this engine in my car, I have decided to upgrade to a ZX12R. As such, my entire 1998 Triumph Daytona BEC setup is up for sale. At the moment, it is still in the car, but hopefully won't be for long. It's a unique opportunity for someone wanting a (almost) turnkey and unique BEC.

The engine came to me with ~9000 miles on the clock. I have done a further 2500 miles since then with it in the car. It pulls like a train, as the 3 cylinder Triumphs were abundant with torque. It also sounds absolutely glorious. The engine note is incredibly distinctive. I got pulled up by the marshal at Castle Combe last year - just to find out what was making the awesome growl!

As standard, the engine made 130bhp, but I am told this one had some work before I had it, and I have now also remapped it, and I would say it is making a fair chunk more than 130bhp!

With the engine I also have the exhaust manifold (I have silencers too if you want them!), and I have made a carbon fibre airbox, which breathes through a K&N filter - this will also be included.

There is also a piece of kit (called Tuneboy for those in the know!), that lets you plug a laptop into the ECU. You can use the full suite of dealer diagnostics (tests, fault codes, sensor read outs), and you can fully remap the ECU (fuel, ignition, fan kick in temperature, rev limit etc etc). This alone cost £200. I have SVA maps, as well as a library of others you can have.

I can also try and save as much of the wiring loom as possible. If you fancy helping taking the engine out, I'm pretty sure we can strip the loom wire by wire, and handover a plug n play loom for the engine!?

The oil cooler and oil lines (extended to the nose cone - not as shown in photo below) will also be available.

Pretty much everything else Triumph related in my garage will also be thrown in (I have various spare parts - gaskets etc).

I am not sure as to the value of this, so I will say I am open to offers at this stage.... I suspect if I broke it, I could get around £700+, so that would be a good place to start!

I have attached some images, and there are plenty more in my archive.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Progress as of 01/01/09
Progress as of 01/01/09

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

scootz

posted on 21/9/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of a bargain there!

Good luck with the sale!

It's Evolution Baby!

pewe

posted on 22/9/10 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Bet Mrs. Twybrow will be pleased to hear that!
Cheers, Pewe

Yep, gathered she wasn't totally enamoured at North Wield!
Fantastic sound & plenty of go - what do they know?
BOL with the sale.

[Edited on 22/9/10 by pewe]

jamiepearson69

posted on 22/9/10 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
U2U Sent
twybrow

posted on 22/9/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pewe
Bet Mrs. Twybrow will be pleased to hear that!
Cheers, Pewe

Quote Mrs twybrow: "It hasn't got a bloody windscreen, or boot, or roof, or heating and the one thing it doesn't need more of is speed!"

Rubbish says I.

YQUSTA

posted on 30/9/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a great buy almost tempted myself with the problems i've had with mine and the sound is just awesome.

Good luck with the sale mate.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

twybrow

posted on 5/10/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Do it Ian! You know it's quicker than you Zx9!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.