Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted. V6 engine.
owelly

posted on 29/9/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted. V6 engine.

Having popped the third Alfa V6, I'm guessing they're not quite up to a good thrashing!And now all the cheap V6 Alfa have dried up, I'm looking for a replacement.
I've decided another V6 is te way to go because they're short and will fit under my bonnet.
My first thought was the Omega 3ltr V6. Is has 210bhp and I'm determined to have at least 200! Finding a manual one that isn't at the other end of the world is proving tricky.
I then started thinking a bout the Pug V6.
And then the Ford V6 (but they seem to be about 170bhp?).
But I can find a few 2.5ltr Omega V6 engines with a manual box not too far away. Will 185bhp do for now??
Anyway, if anyone has a V6 engine kicking around that they don't want, stick a stamp on it and send it this way. I'll even consider a knackered one just for mocking up purposes.
Oh and the last tiny teeny detail..............I have to buy and fit the engine for under £350 as thats the budget I have left for 2011s PPC £999 challenge!
TIA, Owelly.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 29/9/10 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
The Duratec V6 gives about 200bhp with a decent exhaust, intake and mapping. They are also well inside your budget - some even come with gearboxes!

Ebay Bargain!

or maybe this one

The ST200 (if you can find one) is even better due to the improved intake breathing but I am now working on a cunningly designed ITB project which I reckon should give me close to 235bhp. If my prototype is successful I will be producing a kit of parts in case anyone is interested ..... and it will be a damn sight cheaper than Jenveys I can tell you!

[Edited on 29-9-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 29/9/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds interesting !
Could you please keep me informed of all developments?
Regards
Jon

Wadders

posted on 30/9/10 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Know where there is a cossie granada possibly going cheap, dunno what bhp they are though? am guessing its auto, but being a ford, might be easy to convert?.
Its in Leeds and drives, but is out of T&T
Just googled it, and they are supposed to be 192bhp

Afurther google revealed this

http://fordtransit.org/articles/engine/how-fit-24v-cosworth-engine-transit-van

Al

[Edited on 30/9/10 by Wadders]

fha772

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Owelly, I've just sent you a text
I've got a 2.6 Audi V6 and manual box, that was going into my 924.
It's yours, if it's any use

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

owelly

posted on 30/9/10 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
cheers for the replies guys. i had those ford v6s in my watch list but they're millions of miles away.
But Franky has decided the next engine to go in the plastic turd.......

owelly

posted on 30/9/10 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm. It seems as though the Audi 2.6 is only 150nhp. I'll need to turbo or supercharge it.

kensprin

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Spare v6 cossy out of the scorpio they are 210bhp they have tons of torque.

If your interested let me know.

Trev Borg

posted on 30/9/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
don't do it, the audi lump will be poo without a super charger. Fir the money and time you will spend, you would be better off traveling further and getting an omega 3.) and box

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

phil clegg

posted on 2/10/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
engine

if you stick with alfa i hav e a 12v engine for £60 bottom end gone ,or theres a 24v on ebay for £300at leeds ...
owelly

posted on 5/10/10 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Kensprin, you're a bit too far away....
Phil, I have a pile of broken Alfa V6 engines so I've decided I need something a bit tougher!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.