Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bl**dy foreigners
Simon

posted on 9/10/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Bl**dy foreigners

OK, this was my ebay ad

"This is the TV/Satnav screen I bought to replace the one in my ZT260 (which turned out to be the bit in the boot rather than the screen).

I sold the car about two and a half years ago so, so while it's descibed as new, and was bought as new, it is actually about three years old.

It's been sitting in a cupboard ever since, and I think it would be more useful to someone else.

If your vehicle didn't previously have one of these, you will need other items to make it work.

No warranty offered or implied.

Would prefer collection, but will post if required (to UK only).

Cash or cheque, though item will only be released when funds have cleared. No paypal"

Who asks a question about posting - to Italy

After I reply - I won't post to Italy he goes and wins the item.

I've just sent him another note explaing

1. Postage will be £79 via dhl
2. I will be paid (by him) for lost work time
3. He'll have to pay via Western Union at his expense
4. If he wishes to proceed, to get in touch.

Plonker

ATB

Simon

Ninehigh

posted on 9/10/10 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have told him I'm not posting it, like he's been told TWICE.

Further if he's going to be arsy about it I'd report him as a non-paying bidder or whatever I could do (never sold anything there)

loggyboy

posted on 9/10/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just offer a second chance to the next highest bidder, if there was another.
UncleFista

posted on 9/10/10 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Stating "no paypal" in a listing is asking for trouble, if someone points it out to ebay, they'll pull your auction...

As for foreigners, I always put that they're welcome to bid, but I won't post abroad, cash (sterling) on collection only

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

hobbsy

posted on 9/10/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
Stating "no paypal" in a listing is asking for trouble, if someone points it out to ebay, they'll pull your auction...

Yeah Paypal (an eBay company) get cross if they can't bag another 3 or 4% on top of the 10% that eBay has already fleeced you for.

It does annoy me somewhat.

And to get back on topic I've had this kinda of thing happen before. Most annoying.

matt_gsxr

posted on 9/10/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
10% + 3%
still less than 17.5%
e-bay rocks

Matt

Simon

posted on 9/10/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay say I must offer paypal, they don't say I have to accept it!

If they honestly expect me to risk £100 + shipping to someone who may raise a complaint, then expect a refund, they have another thing coming.

UK law is caveat emptor (despite the fact tv as far as I'm aware is in perect condition) and therefore not liable for refunds.

ATB

Simon

l0rd

posted on 10/10/10 at 02:35 AM Reply With Quote
I am not complaining but, you shouldn't use that title on your post.
It is everybody in general. I am a foreigner but i get sh!t from people in general.

It's just that some people are just THICK

This is for an item i sold last Tuesday. (read it from the bottom to the top)

Dear yiannisf4p125hp,

hey mate just waiting for a payment myself and i will apy for item cheers

- htid1986 Reply in your email program or through My Messages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: htid1986
Subject: yiannisf4p125hp has sent a question about item #120625901177, that ended on 05-Oct-10 13:44:39 BST - Clio RSI 1.8 MK1 throttle body 1994
Sent Date: 09-Oct-10 15:08:37 BST

Dear htid1986,

Hi, You have bought the above item and i haven't received payment yet. Can you please do it as soon as possible?

Thank you

[Edited on 10/10/10 by l0rd]

pgtips

posted on 10/10/10 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yiannis you are right.

OP you had problem with one "foreigner" on eBay and not the whole word!!! Not a big deal.
Move on, get your listing fees back of eBay and try to sell it again. Life is too short for getting biter like that.

I just hate your title!

[Edited on 10-10-10 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

Scotty

posted on 10/10/10 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

3. He'll have to pay via Western Union at

THATS the bit that worries me, isn't western union the account that scammers use?

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

balidey

posted on 10/10/10 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
There is a setting in your ebay user account that blocks people from outside UK from bidding. Just saying it in the description doesn't stop them, the tick box actually prevents it happening at all.

Also there is a real problem with selling abroad. I now send all items with a tracked postal service. There are not many services that allow tracking outside the UK, so you have no comeback at all. I have sold abroad before, but it was not worth the hassle on the few pounds I was making, so decided to stop all together.

And when I search for items I now tick 'UK results only'

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

hillbillyracer

posted on 10/10/10 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I sold a Honda engine & gearbox on ebay, a lad from Italy wanted to bid but got in touch to ask how we'd work it. I said you pay by paypal & sort the shipping & I'd like a contribution to the hassle of packing it up when it's got to travel that far as it'll need get handled a lot & as such I'd do a good job of packing it up.
He bid & won, paid instantly for the item & then once we'd discussed shipping an extra £20 for me to do a good job of packing it. DHL turned up to pick it up & I got a nice email from him a few days later telling me he'd got it was pleased with his purchase.

As already said, it's not foreigners that are the problem, it's the d1(kheads & @r53holes that infect every walk of life!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/10/10 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I am a foreigner what have you got against me?

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/10/10 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pgtips
Yiannis you are right.

OP you had problem with one "foreigner" on eBay and not the whole word!!! Not a big deal.
Move on, get your listing fees back of eBay and try to sell it again. Life is too short for getting biter like that.

I just hate your title!

[Edited on 10-10-10 by pgtips]

It is because OP has problems with all foreigners. Esp (from what I recall) Germans, Spanish and the French...

Something I've noticed a few times and been appalled about - to the point I had a go at the wrong person (which I immediately apologised for)...

BigLee

posted on 10/10/10 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've sold several items to "foreigners" and my experiences have been perfect. Germans, Italians, Polish and even good 'ole Americans. I always tick the box stating that I will not ship outside the UK to prevent people having a punt and then refusing to pay for registered shipping. That way, if they really want it, they'll contact me first and I can suss out the character. I sold my Harley to a guy in Germany who was simply the nicest bloke I'd ever met. Paid cash on collection. The only problem I have ever had was someone within the UK who bought a Freelander Diff. Took over a week to pay despite repeated emails, then insisted I had to post to a none paypal registered address as they had moved. Tough matey. Refund given and sold to next highest bidder.
Foreigners aren't the problems. Arseholes are.

l0rd

posted on 10/10/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
In the end of the day, you are supposed to treat others the way they treat you.

I do not want to be jurked around so i don't do it myself.

Now, the guy who bough my throttle body hasn't payed me yet bacause he is waiting money from someone else before he pays me.

When he does pay me, he will get his throttle body exactly the same amount of days he spend without paying me.

RK

posted on 10/10/10 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
As a bloody foreigner who has been victim of "I won't ship overseas, even to preferred colonists", I can somewhat sympathise with the Italian here. I have no suggestions, other than to tell the people on here that people outside the UK often have a lot of problems getting parts.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/10/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
As a bloody foreigner who has been victim of "I won't ship overseas, even to preferred colonists", I can somewhat sympathise with the Italian here. I have no suggestions, other than to tell the people on here that people outside the UK often have a lot of problems getting parts.

Im a foreigner and I will ship to other foreigners just because I have lived on the otherside where getting special equipment is difficult and expensive.

Its the locals that give me loads of grief

interestedparty

posted on 10/10/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have sent stuff abroad but it depends on the customer, I make them research the best method and unless it's tracked I won't consider it, in that case I make them send me a cheque in sterling, drawn on a british bank, and make sure it's gone through before I send it.

The one thing that sets my alarm bells ringing is when I get someone ringing, from this country, in a foreign accent, especially accents that are from certain parts of the world (more a cultural thing that a race thing, if that's not a culturalist thing to say )

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

scootz

posted on 10/10/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I transact with 'foreigners' all the time in my pursuit for the worlds most eclectic and ultimately pointless collection of kit car parts!

I have to say that I generally find these pesky 'foreigners' to be more polite and businesslike than many of my countrymen!

I also don't see what the hassle is for sending abroad. Fair enough if you've stated 'collection only', then requests to courier ANYWHERE can become a bit tedious, but if you're prepared to ship UK, then sending it overseas is hardly a problem!

A custom form if it's going outside the EU takes 60 seconds to complete and the customer is paying for the shipping, so... ???

It's Evolution Baby!

Simon

posted on 10/10/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
First up,, here’s his response:

I'm not interested thanks.
I had not read good excuse withdraw auction thanks.

Right, let me make this absolutely clear, I do not have a problem with anyone, no matter their colour, creed, faith or whatever. If I ever say anything derogatory about anyone, I would hope it would be taken lightheartedly like my original post on this thread was meant to be – ie stereotypical – such as cheese eating surrender monkeys for the French (where my car comes from) or thigh slapping oompah listening germans (where my spare diff came from – german car breakers who answered my English question in English and provided a first rate service).

When we lived in Africa, we had black servants and even now 36 years later, I still remember them fondly.

My paternal g/mother was Anglo-Indian, my Best mans wife is British born Pakistani (muslim), my brother’s wife is Lebanese (muslim) and I give our Bosnian (muslim atheist!) a lift to and from work every day, have twice taken him to the airport (out of my own pocket) to collect his Spanish wife. I even, if you go back far enough, have Spanish Gypsy in me (we still have the crystal ball somewhere in the family).

We also have German, Dutch, French, Icelandic clients at work and I have no problems with them; in fact I think we all get on rather well.

You know, I generally stay out of the racial pisstaking that goes on on here (eg between the north/south of Hadrian’s Wall), because I don’t want to offend anyone.

Let’s clear up something else. As I said earlier, I bought a diff from a german breakers – good price, great service etc. They can handle the odd misplaced/loststolen item and were more than willing to send it here.

I am not a big business, and as such am not willing to be the victim of a "didn’t arrive/refund scam". Our Bosnian uses W/U for money tranfers to Bosnia and is delighted with the service.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
It is because OP has problems with all foreigners. Esp (from what I recall) Germans, Spanish and the French...

Something I've noticed a few times and been appalled about - to the point I had a go at the wrong person (which I immediately apologised for)...

Well, looks like you’ve done it again.

Well Done

scootz

posted on 10/10/10 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
How can you be a muslim athiest...

PS - I'm a secular humanist pedant!

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 10/10/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
When we lived in Africa, we had black servants and even now 36 years later, I still remember them fondly.

My paternal g/mother was Anglo-Indian, my Best mans wife is British born Pakistani (muslim), my brother’s wife is Lebanese (muslim) and I give our Bosnian (muslim atheist!) a lift to and from work every day, have twice taken him to the airport (out of my own pocket) to collect his Spanish wife. I even, if you go back far enough, have Spanish Gypsy in me (we still have the crystal ball somewhere in the family).

We also have German, Dutch, French, Icelandic clients at work and I have no problems with them; in fact I think we all get on rather well.

Well aren't you just straight out of a United Colours of F**king Benneton advert?

Just kidding, I'm not racist I hate everyone. True a**eholes come in various colours and flavours

Simon

posted on 10/10/10 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I can't tell if you're taking the wee or not.

If you have a problem with the post let either Fozzie or Chris W know or I will.

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/10/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Well, looks like you’ve done it again.

Well Done

No I haven't. I confused the last guy prev because of his "building" sig, he had "built" a V8 locost, he said something that was meant to be sarcastic, but because I thought It was you and having read a couple/few comments by you that I thought were off, I said something. I then apologised because I searched for "his" improper comments and found yours - illuminating my mistake previously. The previous mistake not being repeated now...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.