Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rush mc fuel pump and filters location
dano

posted on 12/10/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
rush mc fuel pump and filters location

on my rush mc build i cant decide where to run the fuel lines and mount the pump etc.

normally i think its fitted in front of the drivers foot well, below the peddle box and paddle shift linkage.
i decided to mount the battery in this location to keep the shelf in front of the scuttle free of as many things as possible.

now tho it leaves me the problem of, do i squeeze the pump and filter into the small space near the battery, or run the fuel lines in front of the passenger foot well end plate, this being nearish the exhaust tho.
ideally i don't want the fuel lines near a heat or electrical source, but which is the lesser of two evils?
i could always make up a heat shield?

i dont really want to bite the bullet and move the battery after the hassle i went through putting it there

any thoughts?

thanks

Blackbird Rush

posted on 12/10/10 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Heres what i did with mine...

dano

posted on 12/10/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, that looks good.

I wanted to do a similar thing but over the other side of the engine as i have less space than you on the drivers side.

do you a see any problem with it being below the exhaust down pipes? apart from it being a bit messy when it come to changing oil filter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.