Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digidash info
goaty

posted on 14/10/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Digidash info

Hi,
can anyone tell me if when you are wiring the handbrake warning light on the Digidash2, do i need to have a live feeding through the handbrake switch to an earth with the Brown wire spliced into it before the handbrake switch. Or can i just connect the brown to the switch and just earth the other side?
Also, does it sense low voltage through its ignition live connection?? Does this mean i dont need a wire feeding back from the alternator?? Do i need an ignition live goin to the alternator? through a light or anything.
I ask as i dont have a batt warnign ligh, just the digidash and need to knwo how to wire the warning lamp feed from my new loom.
cheers

cheers guys

[Edited on 14/10/10 by goaty]

McLannahan

posted on 14/10/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
It's a switched negative input.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/DigidashDownloads_Pdf/2007/DD2_Lite%20Manual/quickwire_lite_2_GPS.pdf

goaty

posted on 14/10/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
i have that diagram, but does that mean it puts out a voltage itself so i dont need a live from the fusebox to the handbrake switch?

cheers again

goaty

posted on 14/10/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
forgot to say its a small denso alternator, cant remember what connections it has on it.
McLannahan

posted on 14/10/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
This diagram of Steve's may help you?

Description
Description

chris666

posted on 17/10/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a digi dash 2,You will need a bat warning light or a resistor to excite the alternator windings.(you also need a swiched live feed to the alternator)The digidash battery warning light comes on at a preset voltage.Havnt you got the wiring diagram?its dead simple to follow.
Also as above handbrake switch is switched EARTH

Chris

[Edited on 17/10/10 by chris666]

goaty

posted on 17/10/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
SO this means i need to run a second feed form the alternaor back, my loom has only one feeding down from ignition live....correct, which this would have to run through a warning lightg i can hide behind my dash??
It is the three pin type denso alternator.

And u both say switched earth, does that mean i need a power feed ging o he handbrake switch, or can i just run the digidash BROWN wire straight to it earthing when switched??
cheers and sorry if i seem dim....lol
quote:
Originally posted by chris666
Ive got a digi dash 2,You will need a bat warning light or a resistor to excite the alternator windings.(you also need a swiched live feed to the alternator)The digidash battery warning light comes on at a preset voltage.Havnt you got the wiring diagram?its dead simple to follow.
Also as above handbrake switch is switched EARTH

Chris

goaty

posted on 17/10/10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
anyone know what rated resistor i would need for this please?
cheers

goaty

posted on 17/10/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
after looking a little more, could i not just splice the ignition live feed at the alternator, one go on as it should onto the ign live terminal, then go through a resistor to the other terminal (batt warning lamp).

woudl this work to get me past running another cable to the alternator???
cheers again

chris666

posted on 17/10/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure How the denso alternator is wired?mine is a ford fitment so might be wired differently.the resisor i used is 3 watt,wirewound from maplin.only cost 49pence.Ive wired my resistor in series as follows,alternator,resistor,charge light,12v switched feed.if this makes sense.

Chris

goaty

posted on 18/10/10 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
oki dokie, thanks very much

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.