Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What TV??
Blackbird Rush

posted on 17/10/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
What TV??

I'm after recommendations for a telly for the bedroom, looking at 22" and poss with a built in DVD mainly to avoid wires and clutter (worth considering? or best to have a separate DVD?)

Have got a sony in the lounge and a samsung flat panel monitor for the PC both are very good.

I'd also like it to have fairly decent sound if thats possible on a smaller telly.

So what's out there thats a good buy at the mo.

UncleFista

posted on 17/10/10 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'm buying this one for my 9 yr-old for christmas.
Seems a decent TV for the price

Edited to add 22", lcd, dvd and freeview for £130

[Edited on 17/10/10 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

spiderman01980

posted on 17/10/10 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
buy separate even thou i havent done(twice)!
i bought a philps tv 14" built in dvd and after a year the tv broke if bought separate id still have a dvd player, had to throw it away in the end cos i coulden`t get it fixed and the warranty run out, i now have a 22" like what your after with built in dvd for £190 (a cheap model) and when i watch dvds, sometimes the voice cuts out and have to rewind to catch what they say, i thought it be might the china man dvd but it does it with ones i buy from asda and with some it dont do it at all and its very enoying! i think you can get a better deal in quality if you buy separate!

[Edited on 17-10-10 by spiderman01980]

[Edited on 17-10-10 by spiderman01980]

iank

posted on 17/10/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Panasonic LCD's are very good IMO.
I'd have a separate DVD personally.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

BigLee

posted on 17/10/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
You pay your money, you get your choice! And get separates. Either way, get it from John Lewis and bask in their 5 year warranty (presuming they still do it)
Hellfire

posted on 17/10/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Samsung are known for poor sound quality...

I have a Samsung but was going Cinema Sound anyway so made no difference to me...

I seem to prefer the tried and trusted Sonys' though... I always read buyer reviews extensively before purchasing! Dont just go on Critiqué sales blurb...

Steve

T66

posted on 17/10/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have two Sonys , never had any problem with either, and would have them again.

jlparsons

posted on 17/10/10 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
tesco have got an own-brand tv at the moment on offer, uses a samsung panel and has a DVD player built in. Think it was in the region of £150, looked a good deal.

edit: 19 and 22 inches available IIRC

[Edited on 17/10/10 by jlparsons]

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.