Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Pipe Bulk Head/ Tabs/ Brackets suitable for MR IVA man
StuartBJ

posted on 10/11/10 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Brake Pipe Bulk Head/ Tabs/ Brackets suitable for MR IVA man

Morning Guys,

I`m after a little advise this morning (as usual).

I`ve run my brake pipes on the car but my chassis doesn`t come with brake line bulkheads/tabs/brackets as standard and therefore I have to make some up and fit them for the flexi`s (which I would like to order this weekend from Russ).

As my chassis is already powder coated welding isn`t really an option so my engineering head is telling me a 2 inch peice of angle bar bolted/riveted to the chassis (in a suitable location).

I really want to make sure these are SAFE and will make me IVA man happy.

Sound OK?

All the best
Stuart

adithorp

posted on 10/11/10 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Bolted on should be OK provided the bolt hole isn't significantly weakening the chassis. I'd think you'd be OK with bigish rivets but not 100%.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Bluemoon

posted on 10/11/10 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
6mm rivenuts (probably over kill) and a L bracket will do.

You can use hard line if you like using the proper break line cips, using the L braket as a place to covert from hard-line to flexy pipe.

Dan

russbost

posted on 10/11/10 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Stuart 2mm ali angle held with a pair of normal 1/8 rivets should be fine. Unless there is something drastically wrong with the brake line installation there should be virtually no load on these mountings anyway & if the chassis is sufficently marginal that you couldn't safely drill a few 1/8 holes in it here & there then I think you have more major probs on your hands!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
StuartBJ

posted on 10/11/10 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Great, thats put my mind at ease.... I`ll dust off the rivet gun and make up the brackets myself

Thanks Guys

Miks15

posted on 10/11/10 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
ive done mine exactly as russ as said, 2mm ali angle rivetted to the chassis,

Works fine

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.