Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: which kit????
whitstella

posted on 14/11/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
which kit????

i have started my haynes roadster and well my mind is changing to buying a kit. i have only just started to look going to mac#1 in the next week or so to have a look there. i have decided to use a bike engine dont know which 1 but no rush for that. the main question is with me being 17 1/2 stone which kit would better suit me??? or do the type of seats make a difference to. any info will be handy including your diet tips haha.
many thaks steve.

wilkingj

posted on 14/11/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
How tall are you?

I am 5ft 10 and 18 st (was 21st when I built the kit).
I got a Luego Viento, whihc is as big a kit as you can get, short of making it bigger yourself.

I have since found that I can comfortably get into the MK series of cars, so suggest you look at them as well. They are also fairly local to you.
Mac 1 have a good reputation as well.

Finally welcome to the madhouse. This forum is a vital resource when building any kit.
Good bunch of people on here.

Cheers

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
madteg

posted on 14/11/10 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Got to be a Luego as they have loads of room inside and yo can fit any size engine all the way up to a 6L V10 dodge viper.
mgmiller

posted on 14/11/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Another one for the Luego Viento.

http://luegosportscars.com/viento.htm

Cheers

Mark

BigLee

posted on 14/11/10 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I faced the same problems when choosing my kit. 6' 8" and 20 stone. The guys at Mac#1 were ace. In the end I went for an MNR Vortx Mazda as it fit my budget and I wanted a car engine for the torque. At my height and weight it is a snug fit, but no problem at all.
Hellfire

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst you're over this way to look at the MAC#1, you may as well drop in at MK Sportscars. It's only 20 minutes down the road.....

Phil

big_wasa

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Whats putting you of the roadster ? isnt that a couple of inches wider than book ? The Indy and Mac are both book width.
handyandy

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
As you have started on your Haynes Roadster why not have a look at the full kit packages available for the Haynes Roadster from Saturn Sports cars, might be worth looking into as you might already have some of the parts that you will need.

cheers
andy

James

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
As the Mac-1 was just a blatant rip off of the MK you'd be mad not to look at them as well!

The sell some nice bolt on shiny bits at MAC so you could buy those bits from them.

MNR really looks like one of the best around at the moment though so make sure you check them out.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

LBMEFM

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
I am 18st and 6' 6" tall and fit my MK Indy fine. Goes well too with my Fireblade engine.
interestedparty

posted on 14/11/10 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Whats putting you of the roadster ? isnt that a couple of inches wider than book ? The Indy and Mac are both book width.

I believe the Indy and the Haynes are pretty much the same width, as the Chris Gibbs book, but wider than the original Champion Locost book

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

mac1ZR

posted on 14/11/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve, think Mac#1 are most local to you. Mark and Colin, great lads. If you want a quality kit with help from start to finish, then they are the ones to go for. Total reliable help from placing your order, to IVA and getting you on the road safely.

Good Luck
Chris

RK

posted on 17/11/10 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'm fairly certain Haynes is wider than MK or Mac#1.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.