Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 champion is...........
marcjagman

posted on 14/11/10 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
F1 champion is...........

Vettel has won 4 points clear of Alonso. Top man.
PSpirine

posted on 14/11/10 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Amazing!!!! Totally deserved - top driver, top bloke!

Alonso has definitely cemented his reputation as a cock though.. crying about the fact that the car in front won't magically move out the way.. that only works if it's Massa, mate.

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 14/11/10 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
So relieved it's not Alonso!
mookaloid

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitsilly
So relieved it's not Alonso!

+1

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

marcjagman

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Not that I like Vettel more than any other driver, just don't like Alonso
simonwinn

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I want to buy Petrov a pint. So glad its not Alonso..
cd.thomson

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
can someone tell eddie jordan to stop inappropriately touching everyone he interviews? Hes slapped one guy in the face, held anothers hand and stroked an arm!

Craig

3GEComponents

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad Vettel won, it's a shame that it wasn't Button or Hamilton. I also feel for Webber as this was probably the closest he'll get to being champion.

Did anyone see Alonso shake his fist at Petrov? Sad, just sad.

Kind regards

John

l0rd

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sad as Webber didn't win it.
speedyxjs

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic race! Was it just me who kept working out what needed to happen for Hamilton to win the championship?

I think Vettel deserved it more than anyone else this season. Alonso is just an idiot. Shaking his hand at Petrov is just proof. What did he think Petrov was just going to move over for him? Did he also think that Kubica and Rosberg would also do the same?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

phoenix70

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simonwinn

+1

l0rd

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Also disgusted with RBR team as 5 laps before the end told Webber to push.

What about the rest of the laps?

myke pocock

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Simple, Alonso's a NOB!!!!
handyandy

posted on 14/11/10 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
I,m thinking of getting a T shirt printed with

"Petrov is quicker than YOU !"

and sending it to Alonso .........payback time

cheers
andy

James

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
F1 champion is...........

Anyone other than Alonso!

To quote Anthony Davidson: "Alonso- the driver people love to hate"

And I'm sure people'll love him all the more for how he acted towards Petrov!

Lewis for 2011!!!!

cheers,
James

[Edited on 14/11/10 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

StevieB

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
In my view, Vettel is champion by 11 points.

4 points according to the points table, plus the 7 that Alonso should never have got at Hockenheim.

Vettel is a worthy champion, and like Hamilton this won't be the last time we see him win a championship.

craig1410

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, the Alonso haters are in full flow I see...

Firstly, well done to Red Bull who clearly had the fastest car all year long. It's a shame McLaren couldn't challenge them a bit more than they did even with the two most recent WDC's at their disposal. Must be disappointing for a team with probably the best technical resource in the paddock. As for Ferrari, they have had a good second half of the season but it is clear that Alonso is driving the car beyond its true capability and Massa is either at or below the real potential of himself and the car. Everyone goes on about the 7 points which Massa conceded but it is clear that Massa has done no favours for Alonso in terms of taking points away from the competition. Today if he had got in front of Webber at the first tyre stop then Alonso wouldn't have felt the need to cover him off and would probably have won by staying on the same strategy as the leaders. Alonso needs a stronger team mate and I for one would like to see Mark Webber being that team mate next year. Alternatively Rosberg.

Vettel has done a great job in terms of pure speed but in my opinion Mark deserved the WDC more and I feel really sorry for him. It would be nice to see a driver overcoming obvious team prejudice for a change. I used to like Vettel but I've completely gone off him this year due to some of his antics and arrogance. Unlike those blinded by hatred for Alonso though, I still have respect for him as a drivers which is what should be important in F1 racing. This isn't a popularity contest and 'nice guys' often come last! Hamilton is regaining some of my respect as he is maturing and perhaps Vettel will too in time. The only thing which is bugging me these days with Hamilton is his incessant whining about his tyres. He is clearly spending too much time with Button! He should just shut up and get on and drive the car in my opinion. He is also very quick to blame his car or his team unlike Alonso who refused to blame Ferrari at the end of this race even though EJ and DC seemed to think it was a clear strategy failure from Ferrari. See http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/6506804/Alonso-Refuses-To-Blame-Ferrari

As for Alonso vs Petrov, it was simply a combination of a Renault with good straight line speed and a track which doesn't encourage overtaking. Hamilton lost any chance to win the race due to getting stuck behind the other Renault even though the McLaren was supposedly the fastest car in a straight line with the F-duct. At the end when Alonso was having a "chat" with Petrov, none of us know exactly what this was about and so we should not assume that it was simply due to Petrov generally getting in the way of his title chances. In fact, Alonso alluded to a specific incident in his (very calm and magnanimous) interview with the BBC where he felt that Petrov cut him off in an unsportsmanlike manner. Since the TV footage didn't follow the Alonso-Petrov battle for every corner we may never know. Of course that won't stop the haters from drawing their own conclusions according to their own agendas...

One final thing which I've said before. Do we really want emotionless automatons in F1 or do we want people to get upset and throw tantrums or helmets? Do we not want rivalries between drivers a la Prost/Senna? Do we not want to see drivers physically exhausted and crying on the podium? Do we not want straight talking aussie's telling it like it is? Personally, I want this sort of drama and people like Alonso who have something called "a personality" make F1 interesting. Long may it continue!

Looking forward to next year already!

[Edited on 14/11/2010 by craig1410]

myke pocock

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Alonso's STILL a NOB!!! Nuf said.
LBMEFM

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well done to Sebastion and Red Bull, would have liked Webber to win but at the end of the day/season the best driver won. Christian Horner and Adrian Newy took on the big boys and won, the whinging Whitmarsh and the chuckle brothers of Maclaren will just have to try harder.
craig1410

posted on 14/11/10 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Alonso's STILL a NOB!!! Nuf said.

That's very kind of you although I'm not sure that Fernando would consider himself a nobleman. He is clearly superior though I'll give you that. LOL

http://www.dictionary.net/nob

Nob \Nob\, n. [Abbrev. fr. noble.]

A person in a superior position in life; a nobleman. [Slang] [1913 Webster]

Perhaps you meant something else...

Johneturbo

posted on 14/11/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say as much as i wanted Lewis to win the race, i think the right outcome happened

ie Alonso didn't win the champoinship

you can't blaim the fact he didn't have a stronger team mate he couldn't cope with lewis in the same team
alonso needs a team for himself sad but true!

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/11/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simonwinn

I second that, a well deserved win by Vettel.

Judging by Alonso's body language on the in lap, when he was beside Petrov and remonstrating, I don't think Alonso is of a mind to buy a drink for Petrov though.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

pdm

posted on 14/11/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
5 world champions line up next year (?) - has that happened before ?
craig1410

posted on 14/11/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
Have to say as much as i wanted Lewis to win the race, i think the right outcome happened

ie Alonso didn't win the champoinship

you can't blaim the fact he didn't have a stronger team mate he couldn't cope with lewis in the same team
alonso needs a team for himself sad but true!

I couldn't cope with seeing Lewis on TV at the time without wanting to slap him one, working with him every day must have been torture! He has matured in the last few years and is almost tolerable now but, if you recall, almost all the drivers couldn't stand him back then as he was a jumped up little so 'n' so! Ron Dennis was the main issue not Hamilton, just ask David Coulthard if you don't believe me.

I think you'll find that Alonso is more popular amongst the other drivers than Hamilton. At least Alonso has some charisma, something which I'm sure Hamilton will develop in time.

James

posted on 14/11/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Well done to Sebastion and Red Bull, would have liked Webber to win but at the end of the day/season the best driver won. Christian Horner and Adrian Newy took on the big boys and won, the whinging Whitmarsh and the chuckle brothers of Maclaren will just have to try harder.

Well done to Red Bull, a double is not something that's seen often- especially from a team other than one of the Big Boys.

And I really wanted Webber to win WDC this year. If it couldn't be Hamilton as WDC and Mclaren as Constructor then I wanted Webber and RB.

But! Let's not forget that Red Bull cheated through most of (if not all?) the season with their flexible front wing. Yes, they passed the tests... but it was still flexible and therefore cheating. That's like speeding through speed camera with reflective number plates- just cos you didn't get caught, you're still breaking the law!

Whether they'd have won anyway without it I don't know but I'd support them more if I knew it was an 'honest' win.

"Whinging Whitmarsh"? Is pointing out that others are cheating whinging (assuming this is what you're referring to?)? Would it be better to just cheat equally yourself rather than pointing it out? I like to think the British sense of fair play would mean we're better than that!

"Chuckle Brothers"? I think that shows an unnecessary lack of respect for their achievements. Jenson has been an excellent champion and a good ambassador for F1. Yes, there were some light-hearted videos of him and Lewis 'getting on' but this was just an example of good PR by Mclaren to counter the continued suggestions of the supposed 'fireworks' that were coming between the 2 of them. Mclaren have been there before (Senna/Prost, Lewis/Alonso) and were keen to stop it. Lewis hardly acted in a way that would detract from his WDC either did he?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.