Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: tot rod or 1/2 size kit car
speedy123

posted on 20/11/10 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
tot rod or 1/2 size kit car

hi guys after speaking to quite a few of you and looking at various websites im still undecided on what to make for my son
A tot rod or a mini kit car,
I do love the look of the cobra replicas and mini 7z
but the tot rods do seem to be that much easyer (4give my spelling)
But then again do I want something easy or do I want a labour of love project?
Im leaning towards the kit car option.
but just cant seem to find dimensions and specs for any of the designs ide like to go for1
help needed guys thanks

[Edited on 20/11/10 by speedy123]

D Beddows

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Getting boring now I understand you want to build your son a car but these posts aren't moving the subject on any and there's a new one every day at the moment saying almost exactly the same thing.......... build a Grasshopper - they're not rocket science and your son will love it

gottabedone

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I missed the same question by 1 minute

...................why do you keep asking the same question?

speedy123

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
ile be honest guys im very new to this whole forum thing and just wanna get the best possible answers to help me with my project thats all like, and im not being funny but as far as im aware forums are to help people not have a go at them
scudderfish

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
They are to help people, but you seem to keep on starting new threads asking basically the same question. A number of people have offered advice and you never seem to change your question based upon that advice, as if you are not listening if the answer isn't exactly a list of what you should do. We don't know you, we don't know your son, we don't know your abilities. We've given general advice as far as we can, but what do you want from us? Your question is only tangentially related to what the forum is meant to be about*, we may not be the best people to be asking.

Regards,
Dave

*It can diverge into many non car related topics though.

speedy123

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
ok then guys, thank you very much for all of your input. I appreciate it all and will take what onformation you have given me and consider my options.
thank you again

AndyW

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
jesus some people got out of bed the wrong size, give the guy a break. We were all new once, and if I was new to this and got a reply like that, well you might just start to lose new members. I suppose it all depends who asks the questions, Ive seen posts from people on here asking the same kind of thing and just because they are not new they get answers.
Surrey Dave

posted on 21/11/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yes agree with above ^^^^^^^^ comments. Don,t be so rude...................

There's plenty of repeated and completely ridiculous /boring topics on this site, springs rates, bike carbs , seats, shock absorbers, which kit, where to go on holiday, i've killed my fidge etc that's the nature of it.

I try to adhere to the 'if you've got nothing positive to add then don't, can't always resist though!!!!

And yes I did get out of the wrong side of the bed today!!!!!!

prawnabie

posted on 21/11/10 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I thin the general jist of his question is that he wants the BWE grasshopper plans but doesnt actually want to pay for them.
interestedparty

posted on 21/11/10 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think anyone has been rude to him either, I think anyone who repeats questions and makes it clear that he want's a different answer is asking for a curt response.

If he balks at £45 for a set of plans, I don't think he's going to get very far anyway.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

speedy123

posted on 21/11/10 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Its not the fact I dont want to pay for the plans.
Because I sent off the cheque today to BWE.
Its just I wanted to know the jist of the build before I entered into something I might not be able to complete its being cau-tios not cheap.
And like I said before im very new to this, So I dont know how many times I should ask something.
But now thanks to some of you I now know dont ask more thank once.

alawrence

posted on 21/11/10 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
jesus some people got out of bed the wrong size, give the guy a break. We were all new once, and if I was new to this and got a reply like that, well you might just start to lose new members. I suppose it all depends who asks the questions, Ive seen posts from people on here asking the same kind of thing and just because they are not new they get answers.

here here

interestedparty

posted on 21/11/10 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alawrence
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

here here

where where?

alawrence

posted on 21/11/10 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Yes agree with above ^^^^^^^^ comments. Don,t be so rude...................

There's plenty of repeated and completely ridiculous /boring topics on this site, springs rates, bike carbs , seats, shock absorbers, which kit, where to go on holiday, i've killed my fidge etc that's the nature of it.

I try to adhere to the 'if you've got nothing positive to add then don't, can't always resist though!!!!

And yes I did get out of the wrong side of the bed today!!!!!!

her here
they dont likeit up em...

coyoteboy

posted on 22/11/10 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
While I'm new-ish here so this may be considered speaking out of turn, is seems to be fairly common here to be somewhat sharp with people trying to get different slants on the same question. I've asked a few similar questions about different layouts/engines (actually all based around one larger decision but information-gathering from different perspectives) and was basically told to stop asking the same questions. As "staff" and a member of another car forum for the last decade I can understand that newbies asking the same questions and appearing to ignore the answers can get annoying but in order to remain an open and friendly site you need to remain open to such questions and ask yourself why they're asking again. They're not getting the information they are looking for, maybe ask them in more detail what they're looking for, why the previous info didn't help, don't turn around and act like a short tempered old man with no time. If you're the kind of person that wants to give your opinion and has nothing more to add, thus finds *discussion* of a subject boring it's far easier to just not reply after the first attempt, but don't be short/rude about it - give the chap a break. It's this very attitude that has been the downfall of at least one other forum I know of. As far as I'm aware this isn't a wiki, it's a discussion forum. It's here for people to talk, on topic, there's a difference. If you think certain questions have fixed answers and should not be asked again, you're either too closed minded or should be setting up a wiki.

I think part of the problem is the relatively small catchment area for the questions - few active members means the OP only gets a couple of answers and those who reply can't understand why the OP isn't happy with what's apparently the only answers out there. Lighten up guys, it's a hobby.

My 2p

[Edited on 22/11/10 by coyoteboy]

Peteff

posted on 22/11/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look on Spidercarts and then make something to fit your son's measurements. He'll be happy with something with wheels if he's like my grandson used to be. Don't get hung up on it looking like a car or whatever.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

alawrence

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
While I'm new-ish here so this may be considered speaking out of turn, is seems to be fairly common here to be somewhat sharp with people trying to get different slants on the same question. I've asked a few similar questions about different layouts/engines (actually all based around one larger decision but information-gathering from different perspectives) and was basically told to stop asking the same questions. As "staff" and a member of another car forum for the last decade I can understand that newbies asking the same questions and appearing to ignore the answers can get annoying but in order to remain an open and friendly site you need to remain open to such questions and ask yourself why they're asking again. They're not getting the information they are looking for, maybe ask them in more detail what they're looking for, why the previous info didn't help, don't turn around and act like a short tempered old man with no time. If you're the kind of person that wants to give your opinion and has nothing more to add, thus finds *discussion* of a subject boring it's far easier to just not reply after the first attempt, but don't be short/rude about it - give the chap a break. It's this very attitude that has been the downfall of at least one other forum I know of. As far as I'm aware this isn't a wiki, it's a discussion forum. It's here for people to talk, on topic, there's a difference. If you think certain questions have fixed answers and should not be asked again, you're either too closed minded or should be setting up a wiki.

I think part of the problem is the relatively small catchment area for the questions - few active members means the OP only gets a couple of answers and those who reply can't understand why the OP isn't happy with what's apparently the only answers out there. Lighten up guys, it's a hobby.

My 2p

[Edited on 22/11/10 by coyoteboy]

here here again

interestedparty

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

here here again

Where where? Again

speedy123

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the back up guys and i do understand that I must be P/?@ing some people off,
well I waiting on my plans now so no more of the same questions from me just asking bout, interior, wheels, exterior and body tub? stuff like dat, so help me out some more guys thanks

Fred W B

posted on 25/11/10 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
this

may be of interest?

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

speedy123

posted on 25/11/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
thanks fred.
not my style but all help really appreciated

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.