Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike engined 7
nilocp

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Bike engined 7

I am looking for a good Caterham / Westfield 7 type kit to take a Hayabusa.

Any suggestions?

CP

jossey

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
MK INDY?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
From what ive heard, i wouldnt go anywhere near an MK Indy R new build experience.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

mookaloid

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
From what ive heard, i wouldnt go anywhere near an MK Indy R new build experience.

Why? what have you heard?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

eznfrank

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
My suggestion would be to use the search function, there's years worth of discussion on this subject ready to read through. Oh, and save yourself a few quid and get a zx12 instead
phelpsa

posted on 21/11/10 at 02:29 AM Reply With Quote
Erm... how about a Westfield? Would be number one choice in my eyes.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 21/11/10 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

Ditto. I'm also interested to head what MakeEverything heard.

Stott

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket_Rabbit
quote:
quote:

I can't think of anything specific at the moment but over the last couple of months there has (or at least it seems) been a lot of people whinging about them on here.

I can't get hold of them / still waiting for delivery of parts / this or that doesn't fit etc etc.

Always someone pops up and says go see them and you'll sort it out, and the like, but based on what I've been reading there seems to be a few unhappy MK customers at the moment

ATB
Stott

MakeEverything

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stott
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket_Rabbit
quote:
quote:

I can't think of anything specific at the moment but over the last couple of months there has (or at least it seems) been a lot of people whinging about them on here.

I can't get hold of them / still waiting for delivery of parts / this or that doesn't fit etc etc.

Always someone pops up and says go see them and you'll sort it out, and the like, but based on what I've been reading there seems to be a few unhappy MK customers at the moment

ATB
Stott

Thats it.

A mate of mine is building one and the chassis doesnt have all the brackets welded onto it but is already powdercoated, fibreglass parts dont fit, wrong parts supplied in the kit, some parts missing, tyres fitted onto tyres the wrong way round, broken starter on the busa engine which was checked by yorkshire engines before despatching to them, and the list goes on. He has a list longer than anyone would like to see.

Its quite easy to make a judgement on someone elses experience, but given the amount of money thats involved i wouldnt touch them with someone elses either.

All IMO of course, and im sure there are some positive feedack comments to be had and happy customers on here as well.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

big_l

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Mnr all the way that company is second to none some of the nicest most honest people I have ever delt with

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

RichardK

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Agreed MNR are real good guys, I did the scratch built thing but they were always willing to help me even though I didnt buy an MNR although they always seemed to be really busy and it would have been real easy for them to tell me to go away and concentrate on there own kit owners, but didn't and helped me with a rollbar hoop in kit form and other stuff.

So because of things like that I am a fan of MNR.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

daniel mason

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
mnr all the way!

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/11/10 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
MNR for me too. I did the scratch build too and they were willing to help me and when I ordered a sprocket adapter it came straight away. I had a massive wait for an exhaust from MK and kept getting fobbed off on the phone by them and they didn't seem concerned and when I got it it didn't fit.
nilocp

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I will look at MNR. Not heard of them before. I looked at MK years ago and did not like it. I thought it was too big!! If that makes sense?

Colin

easisatman

posted on 22/11/10 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Raw are a good company to deal with and the striker is smaller and is race proven!

regards
Paul

NS Dev

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
all very tricky!
I also don't like the "big" se7ens, which these days seems to be most of them!!

MNR are a great outfit in my experience, though again for me their car is too big.

I PERSONALLY would not go for an MK, for various reasons.

RAW seem good, I have never bought anything from them , but what I have seen is well engineered and "looks right"

Procomp are well worth looking at, you really need to go and see and have a chat to appreciate their work, they don't blow trumpets as much as some!

As an all rounder, value for money and ease of build wise though, Westfield are hard to beat. They have done it for years, know the ropes, are situated in the middle of "engineering alley" and so have some great suppliers, and while their stuff may appear more pricey than the less well known suppliers, they are actually no more expensive really by the time the car hits the road.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

nilocp

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, MNR is a 'big' one! Not for me then. I built a Phoenix some years ago with a Lotus Sunbeam engine. That was quick! But a Stryker? No, again, not for me.

I want a 7 clone. I spoke with Stuart Taylor some years ago and was very impressed.

Does he still do a 7?

Westfield - too dear!

I will have a look at Procomp.

Colin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.