Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: The world economy bank robbery explained.
FFTS

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:13 AM
The world economy bank robbery explained.

Lets be honest. Most of us haven't got a clue what caused the start of the world economic collapse, toxic assets, derivitives etc. But we are ALL going to pay in one way or many more for a long long time.

Just saw this little video on Youtube very funny but the best explanation I've seen yet.

Youtube Linky

Chris.

Stott

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:20 AM
You can make you own vids on xtranormal, loads of different characters and scenes, voices etc. I wasted hours and hours on there before!
jollygreengiant

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:33 AM
just prooves a point; the world is run by egotists, sponsored by idiots and backed by fools.

Its just that we don't want to admit it because they have got all our money.

[Edited on 30/11/10 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

wilkingj

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Just proves a point; the world is run by egotists, sponsored by idiots and backed by fools.

Its just that we don't want to admit it because they have got all our money.

[Edited on 30/11/10 by jollygreengiant]

Dead right... But you forgot to add the GREEDY Barstewards as well.
They are the ones that sold money and loans to people who could not afford to pay back, just so they got their bonuses.
You only have to look at the junk mail offering loans and credit we all got in the last 10 years. Almost everyday.
Havent had one for some weeks now. I suppose they have woken up to the fact that we cant just have what we want, and it all goes pearshaped if they dont follow the rules of sensible living.

<Rantmode=OFF>

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 30/11/10 at 12:22 PM
So the people who took out the loans they couldn't afford are completely innocent in this?

Ivan

posted on 30/11/10 at 12:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
So the people who took out the loans they couldn't afford are completely innocent in this?

No - not innocent, greedy and dishonest because they knew they could never pay it back.

scudderfish

posted on 30/11/10 at 01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish

No - not innocent, greedy and dishonest because they knew they could never pay it back.

But nobody seems to go on about them and how they caused the situation. All the protesters in Ireland, why weren't they on the streets 5 years ago insisting that the government tighten up banking regulations? Bankers are an easy scapegoat, but people should look closer to home for guilty parties. We are all culpable for the economic mess as we are the economy.

FFTS

posted on 30/11/10 at 01:52 PM
Theres a lot more too it than just those who knowingly took out too big loans. There was and is huge fraud within the industry making loans knowing that they would get a house or business worth much more when they defaulted. Also many many who had good well paid jobs with the ability to pay and then found their jobs gone to China and India and at the same time as new taxes tax increases and healthcare going up.

Obahmas (Barry) health care bill has made it compulsory for an employer to pay for their employees private healthcare and if a small company on the edge can't afford it then it bye bye to your business.

However.. there is good news!!!

Mc'Donalds, Walmart and 111 companies and organisations are exempt from paying and supplying it. It seems its the law unless your already rich. Surprise surprise.

Video here

Chris.

BenB

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:06 PM
It's simple really. Banks saw their role as lending without asking too many questions and paid themselves for a "job well done". People saw the norm as living on loans and borrowed without asking questions.

Suddenly people start defaulting on the loans they could never afford and the banks start realising that giving someone 110% the value of a property is a "very bad idea" because if they don't pay up you've got -10% of the property as collateral. Meanwhile, the bankers have been siphoning a nice percentage out of the moneys going through their hands so they haven't even got 100% of the collateral (because they've taken most of it).

Add in banks lending to banks (yet more %ages being siphoned off) etc etc.

Quantitative easing is just a way of making back the money that shouldn't have been taken out of the cycle in the first place IE the bankers cut.

Sorry by from my point of view this situation was just a big Emperor's New Clothes experiment- they all fail eventually when a critical mass realise it's BS. The City was doing well and when they told the Government "we're doing well" the government though the city was referring to the country not just themselves

I blame the Government for not regulating the bankers and the bankers for being stupid enough to not see where it was all going to end.

richardh

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:13 PM
^^+1

Time for a change!

FFTS

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:17 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can not blame the banks. The largest lenders ran a campaign of convincing people to take loans (Not everyone is intelligent) When they became toxic they repackaged them and hid the fact that they would probably default. They sold them to other banks and speculators who also sold them on each making profit until the high street banks get greedy with your savings and use them to gamble on the markets not even knowing what their buying but making obscene bonus's until the bubble burst. Then the governments print a load more of non existent money and borrow from others who print a load and give it to the banks who continue to gamble and take huge bonus's and get fat while here we lose our jobs and public services while tax goes up, food prices, fuel prices, utilities (profits up 50% in the last 2 months) prices go up the value of your assets goes down all so you can pay a second time to keep the banks rich.

So I guess Scudderfish you must be out on the streets right now protesting for bank reform? Who knows now what the banks are doing never mind the average person in Ireland 5 yrs ago? Why are the banks not paying through HUGE taxes? Have you seen the banks seperated between investment banks and high street banks yet as promised? No it business as usual. Don't underestimate how deep the banking tentacles spread into politics and decision making.

The best understanding I ever got of what the monetary and tax system is for is Video link

Chris.

Ivan

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:32 PM
I think the worst aspect of the whole business is that in the USA (not sure about elsewhere) that the banks have almost trebled their margins on home loans from something like 2% over the repo rate to something like 6%. As a result the taxpayer sponsored reduction in repo rate is not helping the home owners by reducing repayments and stimulating the economy, but just giving the bank a huge increase in profits and bonuses to the bankers.

The above is seriously delaying the economic recovery that could happen if home loan rates in the USA where halved which would still leave banks plenty of profit for recovery.

RK

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:48 PM
It seems to me that in places like Ireland, the us, france et al, you have governments who are afraid of making people pay tax. Bound to cause problems ydon't you think?

Also we buy from people we trust, and the banks have always been seen as worthy of our trust, so those who borrowed on their overpriced real estate were borrowing from the trustworthy emporer who happened to be the mafia. Very very depressing topic...

[Edited on 30/11/10 by RK]

richardh

posted on 30/11/10 at 02:55 PM
whilst direct tax may be lower than some places the indirect taxation in this pitiful island is by far the highest i've ever encountered.

Time for a change!

RK

posted on 30/11/10 at 03:03 PM
Yu're not the first to say that! But think of the nice weather you have!
baldeagle

posted on 30/11/10 at 05:03 PM
Blah Blah Blah change the record, are you bored at home and cant think of anything that has something to do with cars.

Thanks Ady

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 30/11/10 at 05:17 PM
Right, fuel prices and road tax it is then

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

JoelP

posted on 30/11/10 at 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by baldeagle
Blah Blah Blah change the record, are you bored at home and cant think of anything that has something to do with cars.

bit rich isnt it, someone who barely participates in the forum telling us what to discuss?

If it all had to be about cars, what would we talk about in the 'non-car chat' section?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

FFTS

posted on 30/11/10 at 07:03 PM
quote:

Hahaha.

14 posts!
In "Non car chat"
Don't like the subject then feel free NOT to click or comment!

Now and again some of us are capable of intelligent conversation

I guess that may not include you

Chris.

LoMoss

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:59 PM
quote:

Do we have a banker in our midst

FFTS

posted on 30/11/10 at 11:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LoMoss
quote:

Do we have a banker in our midst

I think your keyboard is faulty!

Your W key is typing a B for some reason

Chris.

baldeagle

posted on 1/12/10 at 05:35 PM
So Mr Bored at home, name caller, exactly where has your so called intellectual rant got you - absolutely nowhere. So why don't you just stop wasting your energy on here and get off your BUM and do something more pro-active about the things your complaining about.

Having a section on Non-car chat is all well and good and I wholeheartedly agree with it, but come on, lets have a decent topic, rather than the doom and gloom you seem to sprout off.

Thank goodness I don't live in your depressive little world.

PS your intellect really does shine through with petty name calling and (cleaver, I think not) letter changing. however, I'm not opposed to coming down to your level.

FFTS

posted on 1/12/10 at 06:37 PM
All very simple Shaun.

If you don't lie it then nobody is forcing you to click on the thread or take an interest in anything on it.. easy hey.

Talking of cars seen as the site is a kit car forum.

In your nearly 3 years of membership and your very active 15 posts in that time...

Did you ever actually build, buy or drive a kit car yet

Doesn't seem that you qualify to much to be telling me what I can chat about on here. Mind you of course you won't be reading this will you as you have no interest.

Feel free to go elsewhere and start your own thread about cars if you wish and everyone can tell you how much fun they are.

[Edited on 1/12/10 by FFTS]

Chris.

New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.