Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: When does the market pick up?
b16mts

posted on 4/12/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
When does the market pick up?

Now i know and understand why right now is the worst time to try to sell a car, let alone a kit car. But for differing reasons both mine and my wifes daily dirvers need to go, as does my kit.

When do poeple thing the market starts to pick up, a) for muggles cars, and b) for kit cars.

just so i can stop unecessarily dropping the price when no-ones going to buy them anyway, and instead hold on until the market recovers, if only i knew when that was.

opinions please.

who says you can't drive a kit car when you're 6'5"?

thunderace

posted on 4/12/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
best time is may and june.
b16mts

posted on 4/12/10 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
not long to wait then!

russbost

posted on 4/12/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, basically Spring!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
marcjagman

posted on 4/12/10 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought March, that's when spring is supposed to start.
marcjagman

posted on 4/12/10 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought March, that's when spring is supposed to start.
matt_gsxr

posted on 5/12/10 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
no idea of the answer to your question. But excellent use of the word "muggle".

My bec does feel a bit broomstick now that I think about it.

sonic

posted on 5/12/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have been self employed in the motor trade for over 2 years now and to be honest there isnt a good time with genral cars.

I have had cars that sit around for 3 months 206,Clio,Corsa etc the sort of thing newly past test people would want and then i have had 3ltr X type Jags that have sold in 24 hrs for full money.
It is a very strange business selling cars at the moment,if you look at your local independant dealer and take a mental note of his stock i bet it will still be there in two months.
The auctions are dead at the moment and very few cars seldom reach anywere near there reserve,I don't think price has anything to do with it,i have had cars that i have dumped the price to almost trade and didn't make any differance to the interest.

My advice is to advertise at a fair price and stick with it,people buy a car because they want or need one and i have usually done well over christmas time when people have more time to look round and treat themselves.

Good luck

macc man

posted on 5/12/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, what cars are you selling, I am after a sporty saloon to replace my Vectra SRI. Not found anything locally up to now. I am in macc.

sonic

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

At the moment i have a Lexus IS200 SE 54 plate top of the range

BMW 330d M sport 56 plate
Citroen C2 56 plate 1.1 petrol
Citroen Picasso Diesel 52 plate

b16mts

posted on 6/12/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be selling my 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB estate - 2.0 flat four twin turbo 280bhp.

but only after i've sold the kit car sadly!

seems that not many garages like the idea of taking the Tiger in px. no idea why!

sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Because they wouldnt have a clue how to value it and at best give you a grand for a punt, which you wouldnt accept anyway.
Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I was in the "car job" for many years for my sins, and January was always the busiest month of the year, year on year.

I recently started helping out an old mate of mine, taking some photos of his cars and the likes (he just doesn't do digital technology), and though it may be quieter than it should be, he is still moving the cars so long as they are well priced.

There has always been two ways to price a car. One to sell it, and one to keep it.

[Edited on 6/12/10 by Tipster69]

sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
He can price mine then!

I have a Lexus is200 54 plate full service history top spec and mint condition with 76000 genuine miles any inspection welcome etc £200 above trade to move on and it been with me for 3 months now.

If he can give me a price to sell then bring it on!!

Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
He can price mine then!

I have a Lexus is200 54 plate full service history top spec and mint condition with 76000 genuine miles any inspection welcome etc £200 above trade to move on and it been with me for 3 months now.

If he can give me a price to sell then bring it on!!

Hi,

My reply was to the Original Poster, regarding him selling both his daily drives. If he prices them right, they will sell.

As an example, he sold a big lump of a 4x4 at the weekend for a touch under £10,000, having only had it up for a few days. He bought it right, and thus could price it right to sell. There are other similar examples of the car for sale (similar miles, model, year, etc) for circa £12,000+ that have been up for sale for ages. His sold purely because it was priced right.

Edit: I should add, he also has other "bits" around him, that he obviously gave too much for, and he is sat on them for weeks. Which just strengthens my point of there being two prices.

[Edited on 6/12/10 by Tipster69]

sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think location play's a big part in selling cars,people travel to where they know and are used to going.

There are 20 cars currently on Autotrader same spec details as mine and all are over a £1000 more than i want for mine,
there is one cheaper and it is a Cat C.

So really cannot make it any cheaper and its fully Mot'd and Tax'd the others arn't

Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I think the boom internet based selling has helped alot with regards to location. I know in the past couple of weeks he's sent cars to buyers from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. With 1 flying in, and another sailing across.

That said, there is deffo an element of luck (right buyer, right place, right time).

Best of Luck with the Lexus.

(how much is she up for if you don't mind me asking?)

sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
That doesn't sound dear at all.
sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
retails at £5500 cap clean is £3800 so i think it very cheap,i cannot shift it worst car i have ever had for resale.
Wouldnt mind but it has electric everything and full leather etc

Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
retails at £5500 cap clean is £3800 so i think it very cheap,i cannot shift it worst car i have ever had for resale.
Wouldnt mind but it has electric everything and full leather etc

Yeah, just looked on a couple of pre-sale catalogues (BCA & Manheim), and there are a few 54 plate ones in the block this week. Cap clean is as you say late 3's.

They must be bad news for some reason (but there will be a price it will sell at, unfortunately it will probably involve going backwards a bit on the price).

I took photos a couple of months back of a New Shape Golf, 57 Plate, 140bhp in Black, looked like it had everything going for it, was as sweet as a nut. But he struggled with it - ended up blowing a few hundred quid on it 6 weeks down the line.

(Nice MNR by the way)

sonic

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description
Here is a picture you tell me

Tipster69

posted on 6/12/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Description
Description
Here is a picture you tell me

Hi,

It looks nice and straight, looks VERY clean in fact.

Right, the missus is moaning at me to put some decorations up. GOOD LUCK with it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.