Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AT Power vs SBD Motorsport
Longerr

posted on 6/1/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
AT Power vs SBD Motorsport

Hi guys,

I'm new here and just looking around and would like to get some advice from you. We just recently bought a Duratec HE 2.0 engine for a Lotus 7 replica and I'd like to buy throttle bodies for it to get some 200BHP. I'm deciding between
AT Power http://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/ford-duratec-p-160.html
and SBD Motorsport http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Duratec/Duratec%20Basic%20Taper%20throttle%20kit.htm

The price difference is important for me but I don't which one is better and do provide both of the solution the complete kit without needing any more parts to buy? I know that AT Power solution is not included with injectors but SBD is using too big injectors in my opinion.

I would appreciate any advices that would help to decide which one is better solution for the money

will121

posted on 6/1/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
think there may also be other options like jenvey TB's and emerald ECU and Omex, only issue with the other two might be worth checking which RR are able to map the SBD any Typhone
westy turbo

posted on 6/1/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Buy the whole ki from SBD,i did in 2002 in my old tigra.and then he came to Greece for tuning and that was the
only think it needed.was premaped,and was really good,so fine tune it in a RR and you good to go.as far as parts,
you can buy all you going to need from one shop, and that can provide support!!!

perksy

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
It will need final set-up and mapping to suit your particular engine
Decide where you will be taking it for Rolling road set-up and ask them which ECU they prefer and also which ECU/S they can map

Bare in mind that without a decent exhaust manifold and system you won't get anywhere near the claimed figures

I've Personally have had Good service from SBD so would recommend them

For Rolling road set-up I'd recommend Troy at Northampton motorsport

Longerr

posted on 7/1/11 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for advices, I'm looking for some easy to put together solution, because I don't know much about fine tuning of the throttles, so I think that BSD is the best option it's just a bit pricey, but probably I have no other choice. I will be making custom exhaust manifolds according that one that was on the BSD webpage so all together I hope I will get around 200BHP

http://locost.webnode.cz/fotogaleria our build so far

mggareth

posted on 8/1/11 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
hi

i have used both setups and have found the AT setup to be very good. it is what i use on many engines.
the sbd setup is made by jennvey

gareth

Longerr

posted on 9/1/12 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
So SBD is based on jennvey? That I didn't know. I'm going probably to use AT Power, but I'd like to know your opinions on the exhaust I should use. I'm looking for something like this http://www.raceline.co.uk/products/part_section.asp?SectionID=29&CategoryID=1 but I'd like to know the diameters of the pipes that are used for 200bhp duratec engines

loggyboy

posted on 9/1/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe an weber alpha kit? Good rep company and circa £2k with everything you need.
Longerr

posted on 9/1/12 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not too much in to weber . What I wanted to know if the Sbd is worth the extra £500, thats a lot of money and the declared power of those two kits is about the same

karlak

posted on 9/1/12 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
After a lot of research I went for Jenvey Direct to Head TB's

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Longerr

posted on 9/1/12 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak

Could you tell me why have you decided like this and what ECU do you use because I could find only Omex supplyed with Jenveys

karlak

posted on 9/1/12 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Longerr
quote:
Originally posted by karlak

Could you tell me why have you decided like this and what ECU do you use because I could find only Omex supplyed with Jenveys

U2U sent

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

rusty nuts

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
As others have suggested where are you looking at to get everything set up after installing? I have an Emerald ECU in my car and found Dave Walker to be very helpful , it was easy install,to get running and set up enough so I could put a few miles on the car before the rolling road session. Dave has regular articles in PPC magazine in case you haven't seen them and also has written a book on engine management that I found very helpful. Might be worth putting your location in your profile? No connection , just a satisfied customer.
BaileyPerformance

posted on 10/1/12 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
It will need final set-up and mapping to suit your particular engine
Decide where you will be taking it for Rolling road set-up and ask them which ECU they prefer and also which ECU/S they can map

Bare in mind that without a decent exhaust manifold and system you won't get anywhere near the claimed figures

I've Personally have had Good service from SBD so would recommend them

For Rolling road set-up I'd recommend Troy at Northampton motorsport

perksy - Noticed your in Shropshire, we have a RR in Broseley, Telford just for your info.

As for the throttle bodies, we use Jenvey with megasquirt

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.