Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: If you want something done, do it your self (Rant)
morcus

posted on 7/1/11 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
If you want something done, do it your self (Rant)

My washing machine died in october, I was going to sort it out but my brother said he'd deal with it and found out he could get a new one for what it would cost to fix it so I gave him half the money and left it with him. He ordered it the first week of November and it was meant to take about 2 weeks for it to be delivered and installed and they'd take the old one.

Today I've woken up (I work at night) to find the old one gone, with it the Hoses, and a massive box taking up my entire kitchen. Trying to make the best of this I decide, I'll open the box, see if theres some new hoses and plug the thing in.

Not only were there no new hoses in the box but lifting the lid of the box and the polystyrene I'm greeted with the site of the caved in to of a washing machine and I can't do anything about it because my brother is at work and he's got all the details. So I've just waited 2 months to have my entire kitchen taken up with a broken washing machine (I can't open my oven or half my cupboards) and had £15 worth of hoses pinched when I could have gone to Comet and been spared the whole ordeal. Not only that but Now that VAT has gone up the same washing machine will cost me extra money If We just get a refund and go somewhere else.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

plutos3

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have brought 4 new washing machines in my life and every time they come with new hoses
indykid

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
have you got as far as looking in the drum?

dhutch

posted on 7/1/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I carnt fix the caved in top (fuckers) but my parents new bosch wash did come with a new hose (cold feed only) which was in the drum.

Daniel

interestedparty

posted on 7/1/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plutos3
I have brought 4 new washing machines in my life and every time they come with new hoses

I used to sell wasing mashines, all different makes, many hundreds, and they NEVER came without hoses (unless they had been pinched out of the box).

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

morcus

posted on 7/1/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've not completely taken the box off and not touched the plastic cover over the machine it's self so there could be some inside the actual machine, the ones they took though weren't even mine though and cost £15 (It's on the inventory). It's irrelevent anyway because the machine is broken and I'm not accepting it. They can come back and get it and either bring me one that isn't broken or give me the money so I can buy one myself.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 7/1/11 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.nextdayappliances.com/

We have a massive range of washing machines for you to choose from. Hurry now, and if you order before 7pm we can deliver it to you the very next day!

morcus

posted on 8/1/11 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link.
I've got to phone Curries at 9 to see whats happening. TBH I'm more pissed that I can't use my kitchen than anything else.

The More I think about it the more I'm think it's all been done to wee me off, they even went as far as to place the side marked Front facing the hole it's meant to go in so even if it wasn't broken and they hadn't knicked my land lords hoses I'd still had to have dragged the thing way out of the kitchen to have enough space to turn it round. Something else that I only really realised when I got to work was that the polystyrene isn't broken, which to me suggests the washing machine was broken before it was packed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.