Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: finding materials
Kwik

posted on 11/1/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
finding materials

im having trouble finding sheets of aluminium honeycomb.

im sort of bouncing around ideas and i want to look into several options for my project and with pricew being the main concern i want to cost all my options up before doing any massive design work.

incase your wondering, if i go with this idea using honeycomb aluminium, it will be a sort of single seater similar to the caparo, but sort of like a classic ff... (pretty good design in my head )

so if anyone knows about where to get aluminum honeycomb sheet and the epoxy, please let me know !

thankyou
chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 11/1/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
googled for it.

everything you need here (at least all the materials).
http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/products/core-materials/6mm-aluminium-honeycomb.aspx

What about the back of either of the staniforth, or bike engine hill climb book. They both have lists of suppliers.

StuartBJ

posted on 17/1/11 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
You seriously need to buy yourself a copy of the race & rally design source book, it will help you with materials, geoometry, designing etc etc the author walk you through his signle seater built from scratch for hill climbing. Top book!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.