<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
Author: Subject: Customer service
matt_gsxr

posted on 27/1/11 at 01:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
chassis jigging that is non existent

Cheers Matt

I picked up a silencer from MK a long time ago, and they were building a chassis and it was on a jig.
Poor form sir.

Matt

procomp

posted on 27/1/11 at 01:59 PM
Hi

Chassis is obviously jigged but when you can visually see the brackets across the chassis are not to within a 10mm tolerance you have to ask if jigs are used for the suspension. Hence the reason most of the indys have wild varying Castor side to side. And that is a very well known fault.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 27/1/11 at 03:41 PM
quote:

the brackets across the chassis are not to within a 10mm tolerance

I that was the case wouldn't you expect the wishbones to not fit?

Stu

procomp

posted on 27/1/11 at 04:57 PM
Hi

It is well known for Indy builders to have major problems fitting wishbones into the brackets. But what was meant was the relationship between the position of the left and right hand sides. Ie what dictates castor and general squareness of the suspension geometry.

Agreed this is going of the OP's intended topic. But it all feeds back to the blatant lies and customer service. I mean there's more than a few cases where people have spent hard earned money on a kit and parts and you end up with a product that cant be used for the purpose they sold it to be used for in some cases despite there assurances that you can.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
danny keenan

posted on 27/1/11 at 07:22 PM
hi

everybody knows mat has got some sort of problem with MK?
We never say a bad word against anyone

over the past few years we have made plenty of improvements to our cars.
from me and chris maries racing the cars over the past 3 years we have made a race winning car.

as for the roll cage we don't need to show anything to mat.
if any body on here wants proof of how strong our cages are,have a look at our pictures on our website.
which involves chris maries in a big roll at over 120mph and doing 8 rolls.

chris has raced for over 40 years in many cars and is still a race instructer,he was shocked at how well the car held up
to a big crash like that.
enven all the scruteners was impressed with the cars stengh and design with such a big impact.
or for anybody that wants a look at the chassis that was invoved in the crash they are more welcone to come to our factory.

cheers danny

procomp

posted on 27/1/11 at 08:56 PM
Hi Danny

I have stuck to factual facts. Re the roll cage, Can you please explain to those who have paid for your so called FIA approved cage and then been left high and dry with no option but to cut it off and have another compliant one fitted why Mk have not been able to give them any paperwork to go with the cage and left them well out off pocket.
Does the MK cage comply with current MSA or FIA regulations.

Cheers Matt

interestedparty

posted on 27/1/11 at 09:59 PM
Is this the right place for this sort of thing? I'm always a bit wary about N&S theads, you mostlly only hear from people who've got an axe to grind and you can't really get a balanced view

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

phil.shelton

posted on 27/1/11 at 10:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
Whilst I understand where you are coming from, I think you need to take a step back and a deep breath or two.

The email thing is a common problem with small businesses who do good work but don't have huge amounts of time to sit answering emails. I can say from experience that you will have much better results on the telephone.

The guys at MK do a pretty good kit and and a search on here will reveal that there are much much worse companies to deal with.....

I'm sure they will come through for you

email is not a common problem if you cant be bothered to dont check it each night and reply then you dont deserve the work i check mine ever night so thats no excuse

Confused but excited.

posted on 27/1/11 at 10:26 PM
Well that was interesting.
Not seen a thread like this for ages.
Neglecting all the argy-bargy, I think Matt's last comment/question to Danny was a fair one.
If you make a claim that what you are selling meets certain criteria, then you must be able to back it up with the relevant documentation. Surely the Tades Description Act covers exactly this situation. IMHO

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

austin man

posted on 27/1/11 at 10:45 PM
I cant see why another trader feels the need to become engaged in this surely if someone (a customer) has a problem which cant be sorted amicably then go through the legal channels.

For any people who may have an axe to grind I suggest Machine mart as they have an offer on bench grinders.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

whitestu

posted on 28/1/11 at 02:04 PM
quote:

It is well known for Indy builders to have major problems fitting wishbones into the brackets. But what was meant was the relationship between the position of the left and right hand sides. Ie what dictates castor and general squareness of the suspension geometry.

I must have been lucky then 'cos mine were spot on - castor was about .75 out between sides, so not sure how this compares to other kits.

Stu

needforspeed

posted on 29/1/11 at 05:05 PM
well i got back from mk head quarters a few hours ago after danny fitting a new front end on my car and i must say great guy great service and great coffee! was very quick and cracked on while letting me walk round the workshop having a look at the cars! happy chappy!
-matt

posted on 29/1/11 at 10:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by needforspeed
well i got back from mk head quarters a few hours ago after danny fitting a new front end on my car and i must say great guy great service and great coffee! was very quick and cracked on while letting me walk round the workshop having a look at the cars! happy chappy!

+1 always had very good service, and great to be able to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Hammy360

posted on 30/1/11 at 09:50 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've had 100's of u2u's and put up with some criticism but if you look at the subject and tone of my original post i asked questions that concerned me. Some of the u2u's have been horrifying regarding other peoples experiences so thankfully this is now not a problem for me....
Kriss

posted on 31/1/11 at 01:47 PM
Two concerns here from me.

Engine code stamp removed! Surely thats is completely unacceptable in any build wether road going or just track.

Secondly - the cage, this is a big one for me as I really want to get one fitted, but still Mk cannot confirm its compliance. Surely it meets some criteria as otherwise they wouldnt be racing in it?

As for me My Indy is fab. Did some work on the tracking but did not have to go as far as shimming etc. Matt at procomp very kindly balanced my coilovers for me also (but thats Protech and not MK)

Only other thing I have bought was an exhaust can which was exactly as described and the only delay was the pants cheque payment.

otherwise thumbs up and a great LOCOST product. Lets just get this cage issue sorted

procomp

posted on 1/2/11 at 04:40 PM
Hi

I guess we will find out when Danny turns up At Mallory for an all comers race in the 750Mc who use scrutineers who actually do there job.

Cheers Matt

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/2/11 at 05:34 PM
quote:
Hi

I guess we will find out when Danny turns up At Mallory for an all comers race in the 750Mc who use scrutineers who actually do there job.

Cheers Matt

Danny did not have a problem at the last 750mc allcomers race he ran in and WON, on the 2nd of October, you may recall the race, the one in which he WON, and Ian Kempson came 3rd, also in an Indy, both beating your procomp LA gold cars.
You may also recall , after the race was over, someone pointed out the MK cage to the scrutineers, in a very unsporting failed attempt to get him disqualified

result here; http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/10_Oulton_Park_2nd_October_Allcomers.pdf

video of race here; 3rd video from the bottom, October 02/10/10 program 1 part 2

http://www.750mc.co.uk/index.php

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

interestedparty

posted on 5/2/11 at 06:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
quote:
Hi

Cheers Matt

Danny did not have a problem at the last 750mc allcomers race he ran in and WON, on the 2nd of October, you may recall the race, the one in which he WON, and Ian Kempson came 3rd, also in an Indy, both beating your procomp LA gold cars.
You may also recall , after the race was over, someone pointed out the MK cage to the scrutineers, in a very unsporting failed attempt to get him disqualified

Oh dear

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

owelly

posted on 5/2/11 at 06:41 PM
I thought it was just me who though MK were very poor at customer services. I chum and I contacted them to enquire about a kit and said that we would call and arranged an appointment. We travelled over two hours to get there and when we arrived, we were told that "he's with a customer".
We hung around for over an hour but despite asking around, no-one was interested in talking to us apart from two guys who were also wanting to look at a demonstrator. Eventually we, and the other guys, got sick of waiting and left. My mates cheque book stayed in his pocket that day!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

DRC INDY 7

posted on 6/2/11 at 10:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
quote:
Hi

Cheers Matt

result here; http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/10_Oulton_Park_2nd_October_Allcomers.pdf

video of race here; 3rd video from the bottom, October 02/10/10 program 1 part 2

http://www.750mc.co.uk/index.php

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Yea that was a good race that day made it look too easy mind you he told me after the race that he took it easy for a few laps to make it more of a race.............then got bored and left them all in the distance

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

procomp

posted on 7/2/11 at 12:11 PM
Hi

I think you will find that the MSA scruitener was looking at Danny's car with amazement as to how it had been through scruitenering with the cage and solid toneau cover when the car was in the collecting area. And i think you will find that Ian kempsons car has had the rollcage changed so that it complies with MSA/FIA.

As for Danny and Ians cars. Well try comparing apples with apples Ie car that are all on slicks Ians car is in a more powerfull class as he has over 200BHP compared to the La's that where running a mere 160Bhp in the zetec clas rather than the open class. And i think that if you do compare apples with apples youll find that the MK's are well and trulley left standing by both Westfields and an Aries Locost in there regular championship.

At least get the facts straight.

Ill ask again MK supply the paper work needed for the cages you have sold. ?

Cheers Matt

loggyboy

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:34 PM
For the posted who just deleted their comments on FIA cages:

the documents you were talking about are here:
http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/sportcoderegs.html

Under J 2011 - article 253

no registration needed.

[Edited on 7/2/11 by loggyboy]

MikeR

posted on 7/2/11 at 06:29 PM
Not quite sure of the point you're trying to make with the FIA link. I've had a *quick* read through and only found reference to front hoops that have 1 bend in them (that is supposed to follow the shape of the front window). From what i've read previously this isn't what MK do. If you want to have two bends then it needs to be tested - which I think is Mats point.

Although it has answered a question i had about positioning the rear diagonal hoop on my car that wasn't 100% clear in the MSA specs - so i'm very grateful to you & sorry if i've miss read the FIA link / point you're trying to make.

hicost blade

posted on 7/2/11 at 07:04 PM
My 2p is as follows

Matt is always correcting other manufacturer’s errors whether it be roll cages, suspension geometry, dampers etc.

He is only saying it how it is, he doesn't like to see people being ripped off and when he challenges these manufactures, they come out with some B/S about how fantastic their products are (while hiding behind their keyboards) as can be seen in 2 recent threads and god knows how many others

I have experienced being fed a load of B/S and I got badly stung, Matt & his dad couldn't have done more to help me out

My advice is buy a Westfield and forget the rest, mine cost £5000 S/H finished, a lot less (by the time you have added it all up) than a so called budget manufacturer who can't be bothered to answer the phone as mentioned above...... or buy mine for £5000

I personally prefer the non B/S approach to a safety critical device

contaminated

posted on 7/2/11 at 07:11 PM
Just picked up on this thread - a bit damaging and embarrassing if you ask me. Reminds me of the Avon shock thread on Pistonheads - which to this day comes up on Google before the Avon website. What a shower of sh1te - two well known suppliers to the industry having a pi$$ing contest. Well done!
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.