Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: holiday: south UK
t.j.

posted on 21/1/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
holiday: south UK

So... last year we went to Paignton, the first time England!

That was great.
This year we want to visit Weymouth.

So we like to know, which places should we visit?
and..
Maybe in the way back to Dover there are some kit-car traders we could/should visit ?

Thanks for your advise!

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

blakep82

posted on 21/1/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
there a hovercraft museum down that way
i wanted to go, but it was closed, they had a sign saying you have to pre arrange it. was a bit annoyed lol, but if you can get in, looks well worth a look
well, not really weymouth, but more portsmouth

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

whitestu

posted on 21/1/11 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not very close to Weymouth, but my favourite place in the west country is Croyde Bay near Barnstaple in North Devon. Lovely beach and nice campsites & pubs.

If you dropped a bomb on it in in August you would takeout 90% of the VW Camper vans in the UK.

Stu

[Edited on 21/1/11 by whitestu]

steve m

posted on 21/1/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Croyde bay

Second vote, we had our honymoon there, and we have been several times to Ruda park
Using there Caravans, and our tourers

It is one place that i wil go back to, and the beech is fab

Steve

stevec

posted on 21/1/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bovington tank museum is worth a vist, Lulworth cove is nearby. Nothe fort in Weymouth is interesting.
Dorchester Market worth a visit, its on 2 days a week I think, also Dinosour museum for the kids.

Steve

twybrow

posted on 21/1/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Croyde is awesome (my home break back in the day!). Well worth checking out the south coast of Cornwall. It is beautiful, and virtually no crowds as they all head to the North coast. Well worth a trip to Fowey, Looe, Falmouth etc, plus all the little coves along the way...

Alternatively, the Isle of Wight is also well worth a visit (I go there every day, but I only really visited it once and loved it!). It feels like even more of a holiday too, as you have to take a boat to get there!

South Devon also has plenty of other lovely areas - particular favourites include Bantham/Bigbury/Burgh Island, Salcombe and Dartmouth.

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
My home town St Ives

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

trikerneil

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'll second Bovington Tank Museum, I'm sure I heard somewhere they have more tanks than the British Army.

Every Tuesday evening, April - Sept, Poole Quay. Bike night - up to 2000 bikes on a good night.

May - August, Poole Quay. Poole Quay, themed car event every Friday evening 6pm-9pm.

HTH

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Trikerneil

We stayed at Wharam touring park in Nov, nice place!!

(It was!)

steve

andy188

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
i second the poole car events, was down last summer, just parking kit up, over comes trafic warden (oh what have i done), invites me and kit to quayside following evening, they shut the keyside, we park up, great night, good guys etc, camping good anywhere down there all good sites, sandbanks & mudeford key is good for kids etc, get some bacon and go crabbing, great night had by all, beach is very good in daytime too, can get busy in holliday season, guy in car park whatched over kit for us all day, have a great time, shall be going down again this year, oh you might want too tie it in with goodwood whilst you in that area.
James

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Croyde bay

Second vote, we had our honymoon there, and we have been several times to Ruda park
Using there Caravans, and our tourers

It is one place that i wil go back to, and the beech is fab

Steve

Haha, we stayed at Ruda last August when we went surfing there.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

perksy

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
as already said above Croyde is very nice and so is Woolacombe Bay (We had our honeymoon there)
had a nice day in Clovelly aswell

This year We're off to Cornwall

serieslandy

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
The tank museum is ok but once youve seen 10 tanks they are all the same.

However Monkey world is much better (the mrs made me go) and I really enjoyed it.

Steve Hignett

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
It isn't that far to say hello to Andy Bates...

http://www.abperformance.co.uk/

Andybarbet

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for Croyde, if you like getting in the sea, you cant beat it, me and the wife went to Bude for our honeymon 6 months back, its pretty quiet but we loved it, kids stayed with grandparents, we spent the week in a remote farm cottage, surfing during the day, PERFECT

Cornwall/Devon is my lottery dream place to live. The people are great and the views are amazing.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

*AL*

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
Last year we went to Torbay in the Paignton area, i love Torbay.
t.j.

posted on 22/1/11 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thx for so much idea's. This is why Locostbuilders is still the best forum!
Now I will start up google earth....

Keep up posting.

So can I pick up a kit-car or parts on my way back somewhere?

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 22/1/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Come to Scotland it far less crowded than the south.
Edinburgh is fab and we have something you dont have ......very big mountains.....

You can hire a car from Andrew Still http://www.openroadhire.co.uk/ and drive the Applecross pass

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.