Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: insurance and leasing
belgian2b

posted on 25/1/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
insurance and leasing

Hello,

i am in Belgium and i have a Westfield XTR2 that i cannot register here.

Today, i was speaking with a friend who is also building a kit car.

He told me that he heard that some insurance companies in UK could also register car on their own names, and thenn "lease" the car to the original owner.

this would allow us to drive a Uk registered car in Belgium.

Did you ever heard of something like that ?

If yes, do you have any name?

Thanks,

Gerardo

austin man

posted on 25/1/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
can you not have a UK car re registered in your company if so you can probably get a builder in the UK to build it IVA it and register it in your name

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

belgian2b

posted on 25/1/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

my car has been SVA'ed and registered in UK.

But belgian authorities do not want to register it

Gerardo

blakep82

posted on 25/1/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
hmm why won't they do it?

just been having a look over this
http://brussels.angloinfo.com/countries/belgium/motoregister.asp
doesn't mention any restriction (ok, it doesn't cover all scenarios) on improting any cars at all

what reason did they give?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

belgian2b

posted on 26/1/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

as the car was registered in UK after April 2009, and due to a new european rules from April 2009, they want the car to comply with euro 4 or 5 emissions ( KAwasaki Zx12r engine !!)

also about the chassis, they want a european approval document for the chassis ,and so on and on ...

Gerardo

Breaker

posted on 27/1/11 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still building... Registering in Belgium will be a hell of a job.
Moorron

posted on 27/1/11 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
feel sorry for you, i thought the UK and the DVLA are bad.

Only trouble i know with importing cars is a friend from Switzerland who loved them but his country doesnt. He had to work around many laws to import an original mini and a schimitar. He had to show he owned them for 6 months in the UK before being allowed to import them. So he got a job here for 2 years, kept them in a lockup and then went back home with them. He now wants a kitcar!

Good luck.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/1/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I remember a whole bunch of Eddie Stobard wagons with Belgian plates. I was told it had something to do with "on the road" costs like tax and MOT. Turns out if they went back to Belgium for one week of the year they could stay here for the rest of it and it must have been a massive saving... I imagine the reverse is true too where if you come over here to tax and mot it for a few days it'll be legal to keep with you as a foreign car

Breaker

posted on 29/1/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
I remember a whole bunch of Eddie Stobard wagons with Belgian plates. I was told it had something to do with "on the road" costs like tax and MOT. Turns out if they went back to Belgium for one week of the year they could stay here for the rest of it and it must have been a massive saving... I imagine the reverse is true too where if you come over here to tax and mot it for a few days it'll be legal to keep with you as a foreign car

Yes, but if you Mot and Tax it in UK; someone should lend the Belgian guy his UK address.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.