Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any diseasel expert out there? Specifcally Renault?
speedyxjs

posted on 28/1/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Any diseasel expert out there? Specifcally Renault?

I need to replace a fuel pump on a 1.9 non turbo Kangoo (f8q). Problem is the pump shaft looks to have been designed for a pulley with a woodruf key but the pulley itself is just a tapered fit. As this engine is non common rail, the pump needs timing up but i have no way of knowing where the pulley is supposed to line up on the pump.

Does anyone out there have any idea before i am forced to phone..................renault?

[Edited on 28-1-11 by speedyxjs]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

john_p_b

posted on 28/1/11 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
they can be an absolute nightmare to time up and if you haven't got the locking tools and a dial gauge you're pretty much pi$$ing in the wind. annoyingly i've just 3 days ago binned the locking kit for these pumps as we don't deal with them anymore.

have you had the solenoid on the back of the pump changed as they are coded to the immobiliser and can't be swapped from vehicle to vehicle.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

speedyxjs

posted on 28/1/11 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
they can be an absolute nightmare to time up and if you haven't got the locking tools and a dial gauge you're pretty much pi$$ing in the wind. annoyingly i've just 3 days ago binned the locking kit for these pumps as we don't deal with them anymore.

have you had the solenoid on the back of the pump changed as they are coded to the immobiliser and can't be swapped from vehicle to vehicle.

Thanks John. No i dont have the locking tools but will see if i can get some. I havn't had the soleniod changed but i do have the software to do it so should be alright there

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

t16turbotone

posted on 28/1/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
What you need is Sealeys VS 122 kit, about £100 as i remember-not cheap!

Tony

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.