Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speed sensor fpr my MAC#1?
*AL*

posted on 29/1/11 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Speed sensor fpr my MAC#1?

Hi guys, at present my speedo is not working so was checking it over today looking at the gapping of the speed sensor relative to the pulse magnets either side of the propshaft. Looking at the condition of the tip of the sensor it looks damaged. I've since adjusted the sensor closer to the magnet (manual says 1mm gap) and now there is signs of it working but speed readings are all over the place. I'd ideally like to buy a new sensor as this current one looks damaged. My question is where can i buy one from? I've looked on Ebay and can't find anything like mine? Hopefully the pic shows what set up and type of sensor i have. I believe it just plugs into the back of my digi dash display?

[Edited on 29/1/11 by *AL*]

bi22le

posted on 29/1/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Certainly looks damaged to me! It should be quite thick with a black rubber or plastic finish to it. That could be why your readings are all off. If its a digidash then you need to speak to ETB instruments who make the Digidash. They will supply you with a new one.

HTH

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

*AL*

posted on 29/1/11 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Certainly looks damaged to me! It should be quite thick with a black rubber or plastic finish to it. That could be why your readings are all off. If its a digidash then you need to speak to ETB instruments who make the Digidash. They will supply you with a new one.

HTH

Thanks for your help, i'll try and find ETB contact details, cheers.

Yazza54

posted on 29/1/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Remember if any of your mounts are broke/loose it'll ruin the gap. My diff was twisting on it's mounts and the speedo had a fit when I hoofed it.

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

*AL*

posted on 29/1/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yazza54
Remember if any of your mounts are broke/loose it'll ruin the gap. My diff was twisting on it's mounts and the speedo had a fit when I hoofed it.

Good point Yazza, i found my diff mount bolt very very lose recently after i checked the car over because i'd just got the car.
Looking at my speed sensor again it's clearly very broken. I'll order another from ETB Monday hopefully.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.