Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Signal Dynamics self canceling indicator circuit pos review
solder_guy

posted on 5/2/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Signal Dynamics self canceling indicator circuit pos review

Just a pos review plug for this brilliant circuit: Signal Dynamics self canceling indicatior control circuit

I use it in my Rotus Seven and it is another element that makes the car fun!

When I got the car it had a simple left - right -center off toggle switch. I replaced it with a (on)-off-(on) momentary throw toggle to activate left or right to work with this circuit.

For the 4 way hazard I modified my vintage Toyota pull hazard switch to be momentary. Alternatively a pushbutton and a diode would serve the same function.

This circuit will simplify dash design by getting rid of the heavy steering column which maintains the indicator lever and cog system. Also you don't have to have resort to some butt ugly indicator lever (which is what I used at one time). In addition it simplifies wiring because the timer and resistors are built-in so it works with regular lamps and LEDs.

So the way I use it I flick the switch for a lane change. Hold it for two seconds for a turn and hold it for 4 seconds at a traffic light. Flick it the same direction to cancel at any time.

Brilliant circuit .. I recommend it to all locost builders for the above reasons.

Rob, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
usa7s.com locostusa.com

[Edited on 5/2/11 by solder_guy]

[Edited on 5/2/11 by solder_guy]

mr_pr

posted on 5/2/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Saw this when I was building. Nice idea but I decided against it. Just seemed like something which was potentially going to either be a PITA or Genius...

As a result I stuck with my normal switch....

Ed

My Build Progress

solder_guy

posted on 7/2/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr_pr ..... either be a PITA or Genius...

I suggest that you check out the wiring diagram : Simplicity .. and the function: Genius.

It allows for simple dash design and you get to keep your hands on the wheel as opposed to manually canceling a indicator lever or switch. Flick it and make a turn onto a street and drive .... .... without any switch fiddling ..

Some steering wheels have holes for two pushbuttons for a circuit like this.

I have no financial connection with this company ..

Rob

[Edited on 7/2/11 by solder_guy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.