Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: V6 cossy in robin
kensprin

posted on 6/2/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
V6 cossy in robin

Just another update with the BOB with a BOA ecu this time. I was having issues with the BOB ecu.

Ignore the wiring for a momment.

Couple of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XklY2Ik5I2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_krklkZuMiY

MakeEverything

posted on 6/2/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Awesome.

Wish i had managed to get more progress than i did with it. It would have been fantastic in my car.

The engine actually sounds pretty sweet (Which im relieved about!)

Watching with interest.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

kensprin

posted on 6/2/11 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hey richard,

Things are going good with the setup you sold me. Maybe I will play with the jenvey/r1 or were thery cbr600?i cant rememeber.

manualflywheel is great but i only just unrapper the cutch....I dont supossed you left the clutch disc with you?

the engine is running sweet...just minor congurations with the sensors and wiring all is good. once the exhaust is on and water running throught it it should be sweet. no water at the mo ect sensor is probably all messed up.

Ken.

MakeEverything

posted on 12/2/11 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kensprin
Hey richard,

Things are going good with the setup you sold me. Maybe I will play with the jenvey/r1 or were thery cbr600?i cant rememeber.

manualflywheel is great but i only just unrapper the cutch....I dont supossed you left the clutch disc with you?

the engine is running sweet...just minor congurations with the sensors and wiring all is good. once the exhaust is on and water running throught it it should be sweet. no water at the mo ect sensor is probably all messed up.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

Ill have a look for the clutch friction plate. I thought i put it in the pallet, but if its not there then it must be in the garage somewhere. Was there one there at all? Its possible i put the wrong clutch plate in if there was. (Aah, no hang on. I remember i was going to check which plate to put in and must have forgot if theres nothing there at all.)

The Throttle bodies are R6. I didn't get as far as the sensors, only cleaning it up and throwing some paint at the block to make it easier to clean. They should be readily available to replace i think?

I came across some other bits and pieces the other day - A 2.8 carb and inlet, distributor, the silicone joiners for the throttle bodies (Cut from a straight piece), 6Cyl Coil packs, EDIS 6 and auto flywheel if youre interested. I suppose not, but just thought i would ask.

I'll have a poke around for the clutch plate, and let you know - hopefully this weekend.

[Edited on 12-2-11 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Strontium Dog

posted on 12/2/11 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there Kensprin, were abouts in Devon are you. I'm on Dartmoor myself so might be near you!

Cheers Si.

kensprin

posted on 13/2/11 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Richard,

I have already bought the clutchplate so no worried tobe hunting around. I have everything now for the setup, so thanks for that,

Si Im in Teignmouth spent a long time driving on dartmoor

Strontium Dog

posted on 13/2/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'll pm you my no. It is only 30miles from here and over half that is on one of my favorite roads in the Celica. Might be nice to blat up and say hello when I've taxed the car again next month

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.