160+
170+
180+
190+
200+

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what's the fastest you've ever driven?
loggyboy

posted on 5/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
143 in a Nova

(GPS verified)

[Edited on 5/3/11 by loggyboy]

A1

posted on 12/3/11 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
115 in the mk...

passenger at ~145 in evo 6, 9 and '00 impreza.

first car was an old micra, had that up to 110 on the clock down a rather big hill

Benzo

posted on 12/3/11 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
not on the road..

but over 180 in this..

485kg, 685hp Judd V8, limiter on top gear 188/190.

LBMEFM

posted on 12/3/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
160mph at Daytona Raceway - my sat nav shows a max speed of 565mph - whoops forgot to switch it off in my hand luggage when flying last year.
andkilde

posted on 13/3/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
LOL, GPS has its highest speed memory pegged at 1086 kph, no idea how that happened, obviously some glitch handing off between satellites.

In real life, about 230 kph on a highway near Montreal a few years back. Highest I've seen on the track is about 140 kph.

t

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DRC INDY 7

posted on 13/3/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
132 mph in a brand new volkswagen passat tdi 130bhp that i had for a week from the volkswagen press office
there was still more in it but that was enough for me at the time that was in 2003

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

kenton

posted on 13/3/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
140 + on several occasions in the kit. Luego viento 4l tom walkenshaw rv8
kenton

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 13/3/11 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I wanted to see if my Audi S4 would reach the claimed 155mph limiter, it did and then went a little bit faster....
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
kenton

posted on 13/3/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Doctor, i guess you like moon then?
Mark G

posted on 13/3/11 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Had an indicated 160 in my old skyline, still had plenty of legs left too but had to slow down because of a slower car in the way.

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Mind you, all that aside, i managed 88 mph in my 1st car, a 998cc completely standard very rusty mini with drum brakes & 10" rims, that was more scary than either of the above....

I managed to get my old 998cc mini off the clock. It only read up to 90mph but I managed to get the needle round to the 'h' of mph. At a guess it would have been around the 100mph mark. That was down hill with the wind behind me though.

mrwibble

posted on 13/3/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
i once made a 1.1 k reg fiesta read 115, down hill with the wind behind me...

won't be doing that again...

NigeEss

posted on 13/3/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
As the post title said "driven" I polled 130+ as that's what I achieved a while back in
my 1989 BMW 325. Done nearly 150 on a bike.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 15/3/11 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenton
Doctor, i guess you like moon then?

The film was decent but that little smiley face just makes me chuckle and my new job (in F1) is giving me a smile like that most of the time at the moment.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jeffw

posted on 15/3/11 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
202 on the GPS, RS4 on an Autobahn.

loggyboy

posted on 15/3/11 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I once did 90mph on the motorway. yes I exceeded the 70mph limit on a british road. and infact, i did it more than once.

QUICK LOCK THE THREAD!!!

[Edited on 15/3/11 by loggyboy]

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/3/11 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
1964 Mk 1 Cortina, Home brewed 1662cc (Xflow) Full race lump under the hood. Topped out at 140+ Flat in 4th (8,000+rpm) with a 3.7 diff. (10k to a clutch and 15k to a set of gearbox bearings)

My first and only love, never to be beaten or bettered, Died circa 1984 when A numpty decided to shorten it by over a foot at the rear with a Triumph Acclaim at a pedestrian crossing.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

MikeFellows

posted on 15/3/11 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
255kph in an rx-8 on the German autobhan in 2005

167mph bouncing off the revlimiter with no more gears in a tuned vx220

coyoteboy

posted on 15/3/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, I did once overtake a big red F at 104mph in a 1.1 pug 205 on a track. The peugeot could never get over 90mph again in its life.
hughpinder

posted on 15/3/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
About 20 years ago I had an ex police rover P6 3.5. The speedo was broken, and my missus was due to drive up and visit where I was contracting in Manchester in it, so I told her that top gear was 28mph/1000rpm. 2hr 5min later she arrives (176 miles). "Good journey?" I ask. Yes she replies, "but I got a funny look from the guys in a police car I passed". "Oh, how fast were you going?" "Well I was just trundling along at 4500 rpm and I saw the police car, so I slowed down to 4000. was that ok?". She never was good at metal arithmatic!

Hugh

NS Dev

posted on 15/3/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Driving, tricky as speedo not very accurate....but "over 170" would be close enough......which is interesting as it was in an opel kadett!!! (and no I'm not joking, it did have nearly 500hp)

As a passenger, just over 200mph, french autoroute back from Le Mans.......

Fastest in my locost, only 125mph or so as the turbulence at that speed makes it impossible to see without a helmet on and I didn't build it to go around wearing a bloody helmet!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

col

posted on 15/3/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well for fastest speed two cars come to mind, Porsche 928 s4.....................167 mph,very smooth an relaxed.
The other was a 1965 mk11/2 E type jag running a "D" type head with triple webers...........146 mph....You can guess which was the most exciting to drive.

plentywahalla

posted on 15/3/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds very modest but 135mph in my 1969 E type 4.2 roadster. Plenty of power to come but front end was starting to feel that it was wasn't doing anything useful, so I backed off!

I saw the same speed years later in my V12 XJS but felt infinitely safer. Awesome car, and I want another one!

blakep82

posted on 15/3/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
120 in my bmw 328 just to see if i could, maybe i'll see if i can get 130 one day, the others didn't have a speedometer, so i don't really know

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scutter

posted on 15/3/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
120 in my seven at silverstone,

I did do 600Kts+ in the welsh valleys once at 150Ft and yes it felt faster than the car.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
norfolkluego

posted on 15/3/11 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Did a Supercar Eperience day at Silverstone a few years ago, Elise, followed by a 911, followed by a Ferrari 355. Used the South Circuit so you carried a fair bit of speed onto the Hangar Straight then floor it, flat to the floor until the braking area for Stowe, 160ish?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.