Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 7 Type Kit Car
ChrisLeary

posted on 22/3/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
7 Type Kit Car

Looking for a 7 type kit car. I want a fully built kit that has been sva/iva'd. I'm not too fussed about condition because it's probably going to be stripped and rebuilt.

I've got around £3000 +/- £500 to spend.

I'm in the oxfordshire area.

thanks,

Chris

Talon Motorsport

posted on 22/3/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
£3000? you could build a nice locost for that and build it as you want it from the start.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matty h

posted on 22/3/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Some on e bay
Westfield SE 1988 factory built. Damaged Repairable on eBay (end time 17-Apr-11 21:06:24 BST)

Tiger Avon Kit Car on eBay (end time 27-Mar-11 18:15:36 BST)

locost not robin hood caterham on eBay (end time 27-Mar-11 22:05:39 BST)

ChrisLeary

posted on 23/3/11 at 03:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
£3000? you could build a nice locost for that and build it as you want it from the start.

I started to build a locost, but I'm in the military and had to move away from home. So I've sold all of the parts I'd aquired and decided to buy a built kit...

Mistron

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's not up and running, or been through SVA, but ..........

I have a Genuine Lotus S4 chassis and a large quantity of parts I have been building up, but sadly lack of time and a camper needing work means it's got to go.

The chassis has had it's outer 'skin' removed (steel on an S4) to reveal the tubes, and the only repairs needed are to 2 small areas of the bottom 1" square tubes which could be easily repaired, or the tubes replaced.

I was going to build it up to a fuller space frame and panel it in alloy / GRP.

I've a good 1600 (711 block) crossflow, gearbox, 5 13" revolutions, fuel tank, front hubs / uprights etc

I can provide full details of whit's included / needed on request.

If you're interested, email me at

alastairbrownuk (at ) yahoo. co. uk

Photos on Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44645707@N00/sets/72157624269902431/

Oh, and I'm near Edinburgh, but it'll go in / on an estate car or small / medium van and roofrack.

£2250 ono

ritchunt

posted on 4/4/11 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
C20xe locost

Got a c20xe locost mate, strippd and rebuild last winter basicly its a redtop running on a h & h igntion and bogg bro zzr 1100 bike carbs alloy 4 pots on the front and a floating sierra diff at the rear, Its got a few other little fancey bits like a alloy header tank light weight small battery etc, oh its glacier white with two small red stripes a bit like a r500 lol im gunna mot it again this weekend its been of the road since last september

DSC_0011.jpg

Daddylonglegs

posted on 4/4/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how quick you want one mate, but if you can wait until Stoneleigh (1/2 May) you could pick up some serious bargains there sometimes.

HTH

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.